Kim is an aspiring pastry chef. I began cooking since 12 years old. I hope I will be able to inspire you to try a new recipe from here.
Pump up your best, easy, and delicious cream cheese cookie bites into the next level with these churro cookies. This primary ingredient, cream cheese on our pastry dough, gives a slightly tangy flavor yet delicate and flaky outcomes.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 pcs Double Sized and 20pcs mini Churro Cookies
The texture of this batch of cookies are so tender. It is almost like a cake because of the cream cheese and butter fusion. Plus, easy to fold with no toughness issues in the process.
- How To Make Best Cream Cheese Churro Cookies - YouTube
If you don’t feel to read through the procedure, feel free to jump into the video recipe.
Tools and Ingredients Needed
|Tools Needed||Cookie Dough||Coating||Chocolate Ganache||Added Topping|
Electric Hand Mixer
Measuring Cups and Spoon
For the Cream Cheese Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter( room temperature)
- 200 grams cream cheese ( room temperature)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter and Cream Cheese Duo
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a parchment paper or wax paper.
- Prepare your mixing bowl, place in the 200g of cream cheese, granulated sugar, and softened butter. Stir in until the mixture forms a cookie dough. Scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl so that everything gets mixed evenly.
- Add one large egg, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla extract. Whisk it in or continue using a hand mixer until incorporated.
- To even measurement, use ice cream scoop or 1 tbsp measurement for mini churro cookies. Then take three tbsp of dough onto a parchment paper for a Double sized churro cookie and use your hands to flatten and scoop in Nutella or homemade chocolate and fill in marshmallow. Take another 3 tbsp of dough to cover the top portion and roll it into your palm until dough forms a ball. It is good to go now, you can make this an hour before, and it is totally fine or a day ahead.
- Scoop the dough using an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper. To ensure that the cookies can spread evenly, leave at least 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches from the edges of the baking tray.
- 🛎Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes(Double sized Churro Cookies) 15 minutes(Mini Churro Cookies) Serve:20pcs Mini Churro Cookies 3 Double-Sized Churro Cookies
- For the coating: Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Roll the churro cookies in the bowl mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden for double sized cookies and 10-15 minutes for mini sized churro cookies.
- Serve immediately!
Easy Way To Make Chocolate Ganache With 2 Ingredients At Home
-160ml All-Purpose Cream (chilled overnight)
-230g Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Semi sweet chocolate bar, such as Hershey Bar or Ghirardelli brands are the best Semisweet chocolate for baking. First, before you melt your chocolate, you absolutely want to chop it into uniform small pieces.
- The key for a better taste, nice texture and consistency of best ganache is chilled Heavy Cream or Whipping cream.
Tip: The best time to break up/chop the chocolate into pieces is when sets at room temperature. Grated and chopped chocolate into small pieces allows the process to melt faster and easily. Never turn up the heat to high, always use lower temperature it will begin to melt faster, eventually. Just don't try to rush the process, if tired of waiting, you can proceed to another step and get back to it minute-by-minute to avoid overheating.
Fantastic Uses of Chocolate Ganache
-Chocolate Ganache is essential ingredient in pastry incredibly versatile and a combination of chocolate and heavy cream.
It can be used to:
- Filling for layer cakes, trifles and chocolate mousse cake
- Strawberry dip and other fruits you like
- No bake s’mores filling
- Cupcakes and crepes topping
- Spread for sliced bread