I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Burfi is a dense milk-based food. It is a kind of sweets. It was originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is usually made with condensed milk and sugar. But today's burfi will be made with coconut kernel, coconut milk and dry fruits etc.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 fresh coconut fruits
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of sugar, (1/2 cup of sugar for each time)
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1/2 cup of almond nut
- 1/2 cup of pistachio
- Peel off the hush from the coconut fruits.
- Crack the dehusked coconut fruits and remove the kernel.
- Also, remove the thin coated skin from the kernel with a knife and take the white thing only.
- Wash the coconut kernels with water and cut them into small pieces.
- Pour the small pieces into the grinder jar to make them fine powder.
- To make sugar syrup, pour 1/2 cup of sugar from 1 cup of sugar now(1/2 cup of sugar later) and little water into the pan and let it melt properly.
- After the sugar melts properly, take out the sugar syrup into a glass.
- Heat a pan and pour ghee into the pan.
- Add coconut powder into the pan and fry it for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After frying it for about 5 minutes on medium flame, add 1/2 cup of sugar and cook it for about 3 minutes.
- After cooking it for about 3 minutes, add coconut milk and cook it for about 1 minute.
- After cooking it for about 1 minute, heat the sugar syrup again if frozen and pour it into the pan and also mix them well.
- Cook it for about 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the coconut burfi leaves getting sticky with the pan, turn off the oven.
- Pour the coconut burfi into a tray greased with ghee and level it.
- Spread almond nut and pistachio nut on the coconut burfi. Gently, press them with a knife.
- Keep the coconut burfi for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- After keeping it for about 2 hours in the fridge, cut it into square shapes with a knife.
- It is now ready to serve family members.