I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Laddu is a sphere-shaped sweet. It was originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is chiefly made with flour, oil and sugar. But today's laddu will be made with desiccated coconut powder, ghee and milk etc. It is very easy and simple to be made at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut powder
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 cup of milk
- sugar as per taste
- Heat a pan on medium flame and pour ghee into it.
- add desiccated coconut powder into the pan and fry it for about 3 minutes on low flame until it turns light golden.
- After it turns light golden, pour milk into the pan and mix them well and cook it by stirring until it absorbs the milk on low flame.
- After it absorbs the milk, pour sugar as per taste and mix it well.
- Cook it by stirring until the sugar melts properly.
- As soon as it gets thick, turn off the flame.
- Leave the mixture for about 5 minutes to cool down.
- Take a small amount of mixture on the palm of your hand and make a round shape by moving it on the palm of your hand.
- After making it a round shape, mix it with desiccated coconut powder.
- Keep the laddus on a plate and serve it to the guests.