I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Jalebi is also known as jilapi. Jalebi is one of popular dishes in India. It is mainly found to be sold in many stalls of the fairs as well as in the markets. It is the most important food in the fairs such as Durga Puja, Diwali and Muharram.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the batter:
- 4 tablespoons maida ( all-purpose flour )
- 1/2 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1 pinch orange/red food colour or turmeric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cooking soda
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1jalebi making bottle, as needed
- In a bowl, pour maida, rice flour, curd and orange/red food colour or turmeric. After that, mix them well until it forms a mixture.
- Pour rice flour if you only want crispy Jalebi and add turmeric if you don't have any orange or red food colour.
- Add water with the mixture little by little to make it semi thick batter.
- cover the batter and leave it for 5-7 minutes.
- turn on the oven to make syrup, pour one cup of sugar in a pan and also pour 1/2 cup of water in comparison to one cup of sugar. Stir them to mix well.
- Let the sugar come to boil for sometimes on medium flame until it shows bubbles in the pan.
- After showing the bubbles in the pan, let it come to boil for another 5-7 minutes on low flame to melt the sugar completely to form syrup.
- In order not to frozen the syrup, add few drops of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Let it boil for more few minutes on low flame.
- Now syrup is ready.
- In another pan, pour oil and heat it to fry jalebi.
- In a bottle, pour the batter that you already prepare.
- Check the temperature of oil by dropping few drops of batter.
- If the oil is too hot, the jalebis are broken into pieces.So, let it cool because you need medium temperatures.
- Add cocking soda with the batter ( mix it well ) so that the jalebis are not broken into many pieces.
- Pour the batter into a jalebi making bottle sold in the markets
- Now start making jalebis in the shape of pretzel or circular shape.
- After making the jalebis, soaked them in sugar syrup.
Mithundas9537 on October 17, 2020:
Very good recipe