I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Pulao is also known as polao in India. It is a mixed rice dish in India. It is a very popular dish for the people of India. It is usually served to the guests at the reception of weddings and birthday.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For boiling rice:
- 1 glass of Basmati rice, (long-grained rice)
- 3-4 glasses of water, (use the same glass for measuring both rice and water)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/3 cup of carrot, (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of French beans, (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of capsicum, (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of green peas
- 2 red chillis
- 2 inches cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1/3 cup of cashews
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of ghee, (clarified butter)
- 200 grams of paneer(cheese), (make it cubes)
- Pour 3-4 glasses of water into a stew pot.
- As long as the water is getting hot, wash the rice 2-3 times with water(the rice may be soaked in the water for 10 minutes).
- Once the water starts boiling, pour the washed rice into the stew pot on high flame.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix them well and boil for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- After that, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and mix it well.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain the water off from the rice with a strainer.
- Take the boiled rice out on a plate and spread it around the plate under a fan.
- In a pan, pour 1 tablespoon of ghee and heat it.
- Once the ghee gets hot, add 200 grams of paneer into the pan and fry it for about 1 minute.
- Once the paneer turns golden, take it out on a bowl from the pan.
- After taking out the paneer on a bowl from the pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee with the remaining ghee of the pan.
- Add 2 red chilli, 3 cloves, 1 star anise, 1 black cardamom and 2 inches cinnamon stick. Mix them well and fry them.
- Add 1/3 cup of cashews and 1/3 cup of raisins and fry them.
- Add carrot, French beans, capsicum and green peas. Also, add salt as per taste. Mix them well and fry them for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- After frying them for 2 minutes, pour boiled rice into the pan.
- Add salt as per taste and also add fried paneer. Mix them well gently for 1 minute.
- Cook pulao for 2 minutes by covering the pan with a lid on medium flame.
- After cooking pulao for 2 minutes, stir it for 20 seconds.
- After stirring it for 20 seconds, take it out on a plate to serve.