I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Donut is a fried ring-shaped dish. It is usually eaten as breakfast. It is also eaten as a snack or a dessert. It is a very popular dish in many countries in the world. It is also sold in bakeries, supermarkets and food stalls.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making dough:
- 2 cups of maida(all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of milk powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk(add some milk if required)
For frying donuts:
- cooking oil, as needed
- Pour maida into a bowl. Add instant yeast, sugar, salt and milk powder and mix them well.
- Add egg yolk and pour cold milk into the bowl and mix them well again. Knead to make it a dough.
- Add butter with the dough and mix it well once again. Knead it again and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- After letting it rest for about 10 minutes, mix some dry maida with the dough and knead it again.
- Roll out the dough into a semi-thick round shape with a rolling pin and cut it into donuts with a donut cutter.
- Now, pour oil into a pan and make it low hot.
- Once it gets hot, drop a donut into the hot oil of the pan to check its temperature on low flame.
- If the oil gets hot properly, drop all the donuts one by one into the hot oil of the pan on low flame.
- Fry both sides of the donuts until they turn into golden on low flame.
- After the donuts turn into golden, take them out on a plate with a strainer.
- Now, mix the donuts with fine granulated sugar to make them look beautiful.
- Donuts are now ready to be served to the family.