I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Cupcake is also called fairy cake. It was originated in the United States. It is usually made with flour, sugar, butter and egg. But today's cupcake will be made with evaporated milk, maida, egg, sugar and butter etc. It is very easy to make cupcake at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making batter of cupcake:
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 egg yolk with white
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of maida(all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
For making cupcakes:
- cupcake tins, as needed
1. Pour evaporated milk, egg, melted butter and sugar into a bowl. Mix them well until the sugar is dissolved properly.
2. Add maida, baking powder and salt by sifting them with a sieve into the bowl. Mix them well until they turn into a smooth batter.
3. Fill in the cupcake tins by pouring the batter into the cupcake tins with a ladle.
4. Turn on the oven, put a pan on the oven and pour water into it.
5. Now, place a stand on the water into the pan and keep the cupcake tins one by one on the stand.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and steam the cupcake tins for about 15 minutes on medium flame.
7. After steaming for about 15 minutes on medium flame, take out the cupcake tins from the oven.
8. It is now time for you to serve the cupcakes to the guests.
Sp Greaney from Ireland on December 17, 2020:
I have never cooked cupcakes this way before. Looks good.