I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Banana laddu is a fried dish. It was originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is generally prepared with mashed banana. It is usually eaten as a snack. Today's banana laddu will be prepared with cake flour, banana, egg yolk, ghee and milk etc. Banana laddu is easy and simple to be made at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making stuffing:
- 5 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
For making dough:
- 2 cups of cake flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of cold milk
For lining material:
- 1 egg white
- bread flour, as needed
For frying banana laddus:
- cooking oil, as needed
- Peel off the skin from all of the bananas and cut them into pieces with a knife.
- In a pan, pour the banana pieces and add sugar and ghee. Cook them until they turn into a smooth paste on low flame.
- After they turn into a smooth paste, pour it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, pour cake flour. Add egg yolk, sugar, instant yeast and cold milk. Mix them well and knead the mixture until a half-smooth dough.
- Add ghee with the dough and mix it well again and knead it again for about 10 minutes until a smooth dough.
- Create dough balls of equal size from the smooth dough.
- Now, roll out one dough ball with a rolling pin. Put a small amount of cooked banana paste in the center of rolled out dough.
- Now, wrap it up and take it on your palms of your hands to make it a flat round shape as shown in the picture below. Let the banana laddus rest for about 30 minutes.
9. After letting the banana laddus rest for about 30 minutes, do the following things :
10. In two bowls, pour the egg white into one bowl and bread flour into another bowl. Dip the banana laddus into the egg white and then, mix the banana laddus with the bread flour.
11. Now, pour cooking oil into a pan and make it medium hot.
12. Once it gets hot, drop a banana laddu into the hot oil of the pan to check its temperature on medium flame.
13. If the oil gets hot properly, drop all the banana laddus one by one into the hot oil of the pan on medium flame.
14. Fry both sides of the banana laddus until they turn into golden on medium flame.
15. After the banana laddus turn into golden, take them out on a plate with a strainer.
16. Banana laddus are now ready to be served to the family.