I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Cake is a type of sweet food. It is eaten as a dessert. It is usually made with flour, sugar, egg and oil or butter. But today's spongy fruit cake will be made with maida, milk, sugar and ghee etc. It is very easy to make spongy fruit cake at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 litre of milk
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted ghee
- 1.5 cups of maida(all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup of custard powder
- 1/2 cup of cherry
- 1/4 cup of pistachio(chopped)
1. Pour maida, custard powder and baking powder by sifting them into a bowl. Mix them all well and keep it aside now.
2. Turn on the oven, pour milk into a pan and keep heating it until it gets 3/4 out of 1 litre of milk.
3. After the milk gets 3/4 out of 1 litre of milk, add sugar with the milk into the pan. Mix it well and keep the pan aside for cooling down the milk for a while.
4. After keeping the pan aside for cooling down the milk for a while, add ghee with the milk and mix it well again.
5. Now, add all the mixture of maida, custard powder and baking powder little by little with the milk into the pan and mix it well gently into the batter.
6. Now, grease the cake mould with ghee and close the hole of the cake mould with a silver foil.
7. Pour the batter into the cake mould and spread some cherries on the batter.
8. Now, place the cake mould on the stand into the pan preheated for 15 minutes and cover the pan and also bake it for about 10 minutes on medium flame.
9. After about 10 minutes, spread pistachio on the cake and bake it again for about 20 minutes on medium flame.
10. After about 20 minutes on medium flame, the fruit cake must be baked properly.
11. If the fruit cake is not baked properly after about 20 minutes, bake it for some times more once again.
12. After baking for about 5 minutes, take out the cake mould from the pan.
13. Run the sides with a knife to loosen up the cake. Then invert it upside down on a plate and tap on the mould.
14. Gently, remove the mould from the cake and cut it into pieces with a knife.
15. Now, it is time for you to serve cake to the guests.