I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Paratha is a flatbread dish. It was originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is eaten as breakfast. Paratha is usually made with wheat flour or maida and cooking oil. It is also a very popular dish in many countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Myanmar etc. But today's potato paratha will be made with potato, maida, coriander leaves and various spices. Making potato paratha is very easy and simple at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making dough:
- 3 boiled potatoes ( peel the skill from the potatoes )
- 1 cup of maida( all-purpose flour )
- 2 onions ( fried chopped )
- 3 green chillis ( chopped )
- 1 teaspoon of fried cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves ( wash with water )
- 2 tablespoons of butter( add some butter if required )
- salt as per taste
For frying potato parathas:
- butter, as needed
1. Keep the boiled potatoes into a bowl and mash them into a paste.
2. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, fried cumin seeds powder, fried onion, green chilli and coriander leaves into the bowl. Mix them well.
3. Add maida little by little into the bowl and mix it well and knead it into a dough.
4. Now, add butter with the dough into the bowl and mix it well again. Leave it for about 15 minutes.
5. After leaving it for about 15 minutes, knead it again for about a minute.
6. After kneading it again for about a minute, make potato paratha dough balls of the same size from the dough.
7. Take a dough ball and mix it with dry maida. Roll it out into a semi-thick round shape with a rolling pin as shown in the picture below.
8. Turn on the oven now, place a pan on the oven and heat it on medium flame.
9. Now, place a potato paratha into the pan and fry it from both sides until it turns into golden.
10. After it turns into golden, pour the butter into the pan and fry the potato paratha from both sides.
11. After frying all the potato parathas from both sides well, take them out into a plate.
12. It is ready to serve the potato parathas hot to the family members.