I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Sabu bara is a deep-fried dish. It was originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is generally eaten as a snack. Today's sabu bara will be made with sabudana, peanut and boiled potato etc. It is a very popular food to the people of India.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making dough:
- 1.5 cups of sabudana(tapioca pearls)
- 1 cup of peanut
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 2 inches of ginger(chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 boiled potato(peel skin from potato)
- salt as per taste
For frying sabu baras:
- cooking oil, as needed
1. Pour sabudanas into a grinder and grind them into powder and keep it aside.
2. Turn on the oven and heat a pan. Pour peanuts into the pan and fry them properly on medium flame.
3. After frying them properly on medium flame, pour peanuts into a grinder and grind them into powder and keep it aside.
4. Pour green chillies, cumin seeds and ginger into a mixer and also make them into paste and keep it aside.
5. Pour sabudana powder, peanut powder and paste into a bowl and mix them well.
6. Add boiled potato into the bowl and mash it into paste and also mix it well again.
7. add salt as per your taste into the bowl and mix it well once again. Knead it into a dough for about 3 minutes.
8. After kneading the dough for about 3 minutes, make dough balls of the same size from the dough.
9. Now, grease your palms of your hands with oil and take one dough ball into your palms and press on it to make it round flat shape as shown in the picture below. Keep the Sabu baras into an oily plate.
10. Pour oil into a pan and heat it nicely to fry the sabu baras.
11. Once the oil gets hot, drop a sabu bara into the hot oil of the pan to check its temperature.
12. If the oil gets hot properly, drop all the sabu baras one by one into the hot oil of the pan on medium flame.
13. Fry both sides of the sabu baras until they turn into golden brown on medium flame.
14. After the sabu baras turn into golden brown properly, take them out on a plate from the pan with a strainer.
15. It is now time for you to serve the sabu baras to the members of your family.