|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rosemary and thyme
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Marinate the chicken with pepper powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix bread pieces, chopped onion, crushed cashew nuts, olive oil, soya sauce, rosemary and thyme.
- Stuff this mixture into the chicken cavity and tie the legs so that stuffings stay secured.
- Grease the chicken with butter and place it in a roasting pan.
- Cover it with an aluminium foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- When its cooked, remove the aluminium foil and brush the chicken with chicken stock and then roast it again until it becomes golden crispy.
- Place a pan in low flame and add honey, soya sauce, salt and pepper. When it boils add corn flour dissolved in cold water and turn off the flame once it’s boiled.
- Brush the chicken with this prepared sauce and serve hot.
Amy (author) on August 04, 2020:
Hi Liza, I’m glad you stopped by and found it yummy. Hope you will enjoy it!
Liza from USA on August 04, 2020:
Hi Amy, the chicken looks good. I love all ingredients you've used for this recipe. I have to try to make this someday. Thank you for sharing!