I am a chef who loves to cook, write recipes, and grow my own ingredients.
Summer time is coming! So it means that the weather is getting hotter each day. As for me, one of the best way to keep our body cool during this season is by drinking an iced cold beverage. Instead of buying unhealthy soda in the market, I will simply make a healthier version of it using my favorite fruit. Let me show you a simple way to prepare a homemade mango soda.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 4 servings
- 3 cups mango puree
- 3 cups soda water
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- Slice the mango flesh away from the pit/seed in the center of the fruit. Scoop the fruit out with a spoon.
- Pour water into the blender. Then add mangoes and sugar. Blend it until texture becomes smooth.
- Chill or add ice before serving.
Tips and Techniques
- Choose cane sugar than other varieties of sugar for its healthy benefit.
- Make homemade mango soda a diabetic friendly drink by using artificial sweetener instead of regular sugar.
- Omit sugar when the mango puree tastes too sweet.
Best Sandwiches Paired with Homemade Mango Soda
- Patso: A Turkish-Inspired Sandwich
Do you love French fries? Try my version of Turkish patso, a sandwich stuffed with fries.
- How to Make Open-Faced Cheesy Sardine Sandwiches
Do you enjoy eating sardines? Try my delicious open-faced cheesy sardine sandwich.
© 2022 Travel Chef