John is an actor, academic, entrepreneur, financial pundit, and writer interested in the search for truth and meaning in the world.
Many Americans are destroying their health at the dinner table by eating processed foods lacking health sustaining nutrients. Hippocrates said, "Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” This recipe will help people suffering with heart problems and diabetes to become healthier and lead more productive lives. It provides all the essential daily vitamins (e.g., A, C, E, and K), antioxidants (ellagic acid, omega-3, and resveratrol), and minerals (e.g., magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc) necessary to recover from the effects of bad dietary habits.
Heart Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- One cup of frozen mixed berries
- Eight ounces of leafy greens
- Two carrots
- 1/4 to1/2 of small avocado
- One teaspoon of moringa power
- One stick of cinnamon
- One scoop of Vega chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Two tablespoons of organic beet or raw chocolate powder
- Two teaspoon of pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- Two cup of almond or soy milk
- Two to four cups of water (do not overfill container)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Instructions for Making Heart Healthy Smoothie
Place the ingredients into the blender container in the below order and blend for 45 seconds, stopping to tamp down to make sure all the ingredients get blended.
- Liquids (water or nut milk)
- Dry Ingredients (grains, seasonings, and powders)
- Leafy Greens (organic spring mix, spinach, romaine)
- Vegetables (organic carrot and celery)
- Frozen Fruit (avocado + organic blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
Bon Appetit and enjoy!
- 34 Green Smoothie Recipes to Boost Your Health - Dr. Axe
Short on time, but still want your daily dose of healthy foods? No matter your ailment — low energy, headaches or worse — green smoothie recipes work.
- Are smoothies good for you? - BBC Good Food
Smoothies are a popular choice for breakfasts and snacks, but are they too high in sugar? Our expert nutritionist looks at the facts.
- Are Smoothies Good for You? Pros and Cons, Nutrition Information, and More
Find out what the research says about smoothies, who should avoid it, and how it may affect your health.
- 5 Easy Smoothies
Smoothies are a terrific way to help you meet your daily recommended produce servings. If you’re not a fan of salads, smoothies are ideal ...
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 John Remington Pierce