Cooking and traveling, The most I like to do. Learning the cooking culture of different places is also one of my hobbies.
I have tried many soups, all of them are good, but the one I like the most is vegetable soup.
I am inspired to make this recipe by my grandma. Hmmm, it was yummy, tasty, and healthy too. In the late '90s, after school days in the summer holidays, I used to go to my grandma's home.
All together we kids playing in hot summer ruin all our energy and strength, then my grandma used to prepare, it's like soup nowadays. She used to boil all the vegetables and add some pepper powder and salt to all kids saying that have it and make some strength.
Love you, grandma, to build our strength by making such a delicious recipe. Now I made a try with a little more vegetables, hoping that I will give the best, trying to match my grandma.
In my experience, having soup in all the seasons helps to keep your body strong and healthy. Spices and herbs boost the immune system, which is good to fight against many bacteria and viruses.
Vegetables that are rich in fibers, proteins, and vitamins give energy and boost the digestive system. Soup not only keeps you healthy but creates a good mood too.
So try to prepare in your home and enjoy!
Nothing but the liquid you get after the boiling of vegetables, spices, and herbs together.
1/2 bunch of celery
Peppercorns (5-6 corns)
Basil (4-5 leaf)
Boiling together all these ingredients releases their characteristic aroma and flavor of vegetables, spices, and herbs to form a stock. Which is used as a base to prepare the soup.
- I will be using Thyme because it gives the best aroma and flavor. Using two or more spices in a soup may disturb the taste.
- Never add salt in stock.
Preparing the vegetable stock
- Have a cooking pan/a vessel on gas, add water (1ltr), and vegetables peeled, washed, and chopped roughly medium pieces.
- Add some herbs. I am going to use Basil, which gives the best aroma and flavor to the stock.
- Next, add some spices (peppercorn 6-7 corns and bay leaf -1).
- Now let the ingredients boil for 5-6 min. After let the mixture simmer for 2 hours.
- After cooking/simmering for 2 hours, This process can do in a pressure cooker, pressure cook the mixture till four whistles, and then release the pressure, switch off the gas and strain the liquid through the strainer (It's better to get stock strain in a muslin cloth).
- Now you can use it to prepare the soup or even can store it to prepare it later.
- For storage, cool the stock, then store it in a refrigerator or a deep freezer. Use whenever required.
- The benefits of cooking for 2 hours are all the vegetables release slowly, their natural oil and essential elements. My pressure cooking may not be the most useful.
- This stock cannot be store for more than a week.
Preparing of vegetable soup
- Fresh vegetables such as beans, cauliflower, cabbage, corn, bok choy, and spices are pepper powder and fresh herb ‘Thyme.’ For garnishing, we will be using parsley.
- Now small-sized evenly chopped vegetables are fried for 2-3 min with small quantities of olive oil or butter.
- Now add vegetable water or stock and mix well, add some pepper powder and salt.
- Leave the stock simmer for a while, add a little thyme and simmer some more time, That is, two more minutes.
- Finally, our soup is ready, garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Nutritional facts of the soup
Mixed vegetable soup is a good source of protein, vitamins, fibers, and many minerals. Most vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, and beans are high in fiber, proteins, and vitamins (vitamin B12).
Adding celery and bok choy to soup is very useful are having high sources of Vitamin C, which intensely boosts the immune system. Hence soups are a dense package of energy sources.
Regular intake of soups keeps the body hydrated and healthy (At Least twice a day).
Know Interesting facts about vegetables
For each question, choose the best answer. The answer key is below.
- Which one is the highest nutritional value among these vegetables?
- Which vegetable is known as king of vegetables?
- Rieged gourd
- Which fruit is the king of fruits?