Healthy Light Ideas For Lunch
Healthy alternative to burger and chips
Cutting back need not be boring while slimming
Here are some ideas to lessen the calorie,fat and portion intake, in your eating plan. Hope you find this helpful and encouraging.
1. I have heard that using a side plate as your main one, will help you manage your portion sizes.
2. Trimming off the fat on your chicken and the skin, helps to lessen the ingestion of hard fat that is found in meat. Those that have cholesterol problems could also benefit. No use clogging up our arteries.
3. Smoked chicken, olives, tomatoes and celery make such a delicious combination and you will not feel starved. A nice slice of wholewheat bread with this is simply delicious.
4. A good coleslaw with low fat mayonnaise will cause you to feel satisfied for longer. Sprinkle a few walnut halves or a few almonds, on top of your portion, just before serving.
5. A stuffed tomato with lean ostrich mince and mushroom filling, that is baked in the oven, will certainly make you feel as if you have not been robbed on the food front! Serve with some sweet potato, that has been mixed with cooked pearl barley and a small garden salad.
6. Low fat rice cakes or rye biscuits, also make a great accompaniment with your meal or just with some low fat chunky cottage cheese, with chives.
7. Hard boiled eggs, avocado pear and tuna salad , will go a long way to satisfy your appetite.
Stir-fry veggies and saute chicken breast in strips
Easy to prepare and assemble
Added some mixed herbs, garlic flakes, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to the chicken and then a little brown sugar, to balance the flavours. Also fried lightly in a very little avocado and garlic oil.
Fresh Garden Salad With Ripe Black Olives
Tasty Food That Speaks Of Health
I love olives mixed in with my garden salad and avocado pears are a must too. Below is a platter with, tuna, biscuits, tomatoes, cheese, banana,fresh celery, avocado pear and some wholegrain mustard added to the mix.
Healthy Lunch Time Snack
Fresh Fruit And Salads
My husband and I are trying to bring more fresh fruit and salads into our daily meals. Fresh fruit and veggies are full of fibre and helps the digestive tract to remain in a healthy functioning condition.
The one week I ordered a salad with smoked salmon and green lettuce. You could add on what you preferred, so I opted for cashew nuts and avocado pear, to go with it. The greens and the nuts went so well with the delicious, thinly sliced salmon.
The salad was a bit big, but Pete helped me finish it. I have started eating off a side plate to lessen the the portion size. Tricks the brain into thinking that you have a full plate instead of a half portion on a full sized one!
Papaya Salad and its Slimming Ingredients
- Weight Loss with Green Papaya Salad
This is a very nutritious salad with all vegetable contents and if you like spicy salad with a kick in it, this is the one for you. It is also good for losing weight as it contains no fat.
Salmon And Asparagus Salad We Ate At Restaurant
Pita Bread With Smoked Chicken
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on September 17, 2020:
Thanks Peggy. Salads are a nice addition to a rich meal or barbecue and balances them out. I never used to like salads, but now have developed a taste for them. Love Mediterranean ones with olives too.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on September 17, 2020:
Your food photos and salad combinations are enticing. Good thing that I have recently eaten, or I would be hungry now. (Smile) My husband and I both enjoy eating salads with different combinations such as you have featured here.
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on August 13, 2020:
So pleased you liked the ideas on my slimmers post. We need to be encouraged, from time to time, what we put in our mouths. Enjoy your day.
Zuni from Scotland on August 13, 2020:
Thank you for the lovely ideas
Diana Carol Abrahamson (author) from Somerset West on August 11, 2020:
Thanks for visiting my hub. Salads can be very boring until you decide to make them tastier. Get ideas from other recipes and recreate them to become your very own.
Sp Greaney from Ireland on August 11, 2020:
I like eating salads but find it hard to come up with different variations to stop getting bored.This is a good list of healthy alternatives on how to serve fish, meat, veg and fruit with other foods.