I love cooking native Indian delicious dishes. I would like to share my favourite recipes with my dear readers.
Bread pudding is a bread-based food. It was originated in England. It is eaten as a dessert. It is usually prepared with stale bread, milk or cream. It is a popular dessert in the cuisine of many countries in the world.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For making caramel:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 5 breads
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of custard powder
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- To make the caramel, pour sugar into a pan and heat it until it melts and turns into dark brown.
- After turning into dark brown, pour the caramel immediately into a bowl 5 inches of its height before it freezes. Spread it evenly around the bowl to make a thin layer of it on the base of the bowl and keep it aside.
- Now, remove the four edges from each bread and cut it into small pieces with a knife.
- Pour the small pieces of the bread into a blender jar to make them into powder and keep it aside.
- In a pan again, pour milk and sugar. Mix them well and boil it properly.
- After the milk boils properly, add the custard powder into the pan and mix it well by stirring until it turns into semi thick batter.
- After it turns into semi thick batter, add bread powder little by little into the pan and keep mixing it well by stirring on low flame.
- After mixing it well by stirring on low flame, pour the batter into the bowl 5 inches of its height, into which caramel was poured. Level the batter and shake the bowl gently.
- Wrap the bowl with aluminum foil and keep it aside.
- In a large pan once again, pour water and boil it properly.
- Once the water boils properly, place a stand on the water into the pan and keep the bowl wrapped with aluminum foil on the stand into the pan.
- Now, cover the pan with a lid and steam it for about 25 minutes(add some water if it runs out while steaming).
- After steaming it for about 25 minutes, take out the bowl from the pan.
- At first, keep it at room temperature for about 15 minutes and then keep it in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- After keeping it for about 3 hours in the fridge, remove the aluminum foil from the bowl.
- Run the sides with a knife to loosen it up. Then invert it upside down on a plate and tap on the bowl.
- Gently, remove the bowl from the pudding and cut the pudding into pieces with a knife.
- Now, it is time for you to serve to the guests.