Finding the best recipes for Halloween can be a great way to treat your guest. Whether you are having a party or going to a party and need something to bring there are many Halloween recipes that you can find that will make your holiday special. There are many delights for you to choose from and using traditional Halloween Pumpkins can be a great place to start.Using a pumpkin to make some great Halloween recipe treats works well because the pumpkin is the most well known thing that we associate Halloween with. Using the inside meat form a pumpkin can create great soups, pies, muffins and cookies to name a few. The best part of using the pumpkin is that when you take out the inside you can still carve the pumpkin itself to use during this great holiday.
Another great idea for Halloween food to use is the apple because making toffee apples is one of the most popular Halloween treats that you can make. Also bobbing for apples has become one of the fun things that kids like to do at Halloween.
If you are looking for some fun food ideas for kids during this Halloween, I have compiled a few of my favorite dessert recipes below. From various sources on the internet with some modificatons. Hope you try out these fun Halloween food ideas and let me know your comments.
1. Halloween Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Halloween food idea #1
This is a great food idea for a halloween traditional dessert. The pumpkin in so rich, and great with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 Cups Pumpkin (canned or puree)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Half & Half (or Whole Milk)
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 9" pie crust
Cooking method for pumpkin pie recipe
1. Place the pumpkin in a bowl, and add 2 Tbsp. of melted butter stirring well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well. Then, beat in brown sugar, milk, salt, and spices until thoroughly blended. Add in the pumpkin mixture, and mix well.
3. Pour into the pie crust and make sure to use the center rack in the oven at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes until the filling is firm.
4. Cool before serving. Best with whipped cream
Whipped cream ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
Use an electric mixer to whip the cream until almost stiff. Add in the vanilla and sugar beating it until the cream holds peaks.
Enjoy your Halloween pumpkin pie.
2. Witches Hats Recipe
Halloween food idea #2
This is a great halloween treat for kids and adults. They taste good and are very festive. Here's the recipe:
- Serving: 10
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate squares, melted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, melted
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted
Cooking method for witches hats recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate and marshmallows. Add corn syrup.
3. While chocolate is melting, place puffed cereal in a shallow pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Then, place in prepared bowl.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over puffed cereal. Stir to coat cereal evenly. Form into 8 cones, flattening large end to make brim.
5. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Dip cones into melted chocolate to coat. Place on waxed paper to cool and harden.
3. Black cat cupcakes recipe
Halloween food idea #3
These cupcakes look adorable and are fun to decorate. Perfect food idea for dessert on Halloween.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup reduced fat Oreo cookie crumbs
- 18 1/4 ounces reduced fat chocolate cake mix
- 24 pieces Halloween Oreo cookies
- 16 ounces reduced fat milk chocolate frosting
- black string licorice
- jelly beans
- semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking method for black cat cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare 24 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray and flour. Set aside.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in cookie crumbs. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
5. Make cat faces on each of the remaining 24 cookies. Using some frosting, attach 4 1 1/2-inch licorice strings for whiskers, 2 jelly bean halves for eyes and 2 chocolate chips for ears. Let set at least 30 minutes.
6. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Stand cat faces on edge on each cupcake, and place 3-inch piece licorice string on back half of each cupcake for tail.
Hope you liked this recipe.
4. Toffee apples recipe
Halloween tofee apples are quick and easy and great for kids. They can help you decorate them too.
- 5 medium-sized dessert apples
- 450g soft caramel sweets
- 2 tbsp water
Cooking method for toffee apples
1. Wash and thoroughly dry the apples, and stick a wooden skewer through the stem end.
2. Slowly heat the caramel sweets in a double boiler or over a bain marie until melted and smooth. Dip the apples in the toffee and swirl until completely coated.
3. Lay on greaseproof paper or stand upright in a flower holder then place in the fridge to harden.
Try this fun recipe for this Halloween!
5. Quick Ghost Cookies recipe
Halloween food idea #5
These halloween ghost cookies are quick and easy and great for kids. They can help you decorate them too.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound white confectionery coating cut into chunks
- 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies
- mini chocolate chips
Cooking method for Ghost cookies
1. In top of double boiler over simmering water, melt confectionery coating, stirring occasionally.
2. Dip cookies into coating, covering completely. Set on waxed paper to cool.
3. Brush ends with a pastry brush dipped in coating where fingers touched cookies. While coating is still warm, place two chips on each cookie for eyes.
If you try these recipes and have other ways of getting creative with these recipes or have other interesting food ideas for Halloween, feel free to share. Have a great Halloween!
Video that shows some fun halloween recipes and food ideas
You will also like
- Spooky Halloween Punch Recipes and Drink Ideas
- Spooky Halloween Recipes for Kids
- Cheap halloween costumes for kids, infants, babies and toddlers 2008
- Thanksgiving dinner recipes and food ideas
Rosemary roasted turkey, turkey gravy, sausage stuffed mushroom, spinach salad with cranberries and garlic mashed potato recipe.
- Thanksgiving appetizer recipes
From corn fritters to spinach shrimp dip - amazing and delicious appetizers...yummy!
Congratulations! on August 23, 2010:
Your ideas are going to make for some great Halloween parties. You came up with some fun food ideas.
I found this article so good that I decide to place a link to it in an article that I wrote. Thanks again for the info and congratulations.
dabadaba doo on October 21, 2009:
OTmommy from Southern USA on October 06, 2009:
Great recipe ideas for Halloween. I'll have to try the witches hats recipe.