How To Double Bread Chicken
Delicious Double Breaded Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
This is again my own recipe that I have developed over the years and served to hundreds of thousands of people at restaurants all over the southern United States. People who taste it say its the best fried chicken they have ever eaten. Most say its better than KFC. And now I;m sharing the recipe with everyone.
How To Double Bread Chicken.
To start with you will want a whole fryer cut up and chilled in the refrigerator. Don't remove from the refrigerator until just before you are ready to bread it. That is one of the secrets of this fried chicken. That and returning it to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before you cook it.
You will want to make up the below breading and have it in a large bowl.
Breading For Your Double Breaded Chicken
1. 4 Cups Self Rising Flour.
2. 1 Tablespoon Salt, Black Pepper, Ground Sage, Ground Cayenne Pepper, Ground Onion Powder.
3. 1 Envelope Good Seasons Dry Italian Dressing.
Mix all your dry ingredients together well being sure that you mix together very well.
In a large bowl you want to have 4 cups whole milk and 2 large eggs beaten together very well.
Now you want to dip the chicken into the milk/egg mixture and then into the dry chicken breading. Now the chicken goes back into the milk/egg mixture and then back into the dry breading mix again. Yes be sure that you double bread each piece of chicken. Now you will want a large tray that you have sprinkled with flour.
As you bread each piece of chicken the second time you will want to place it on the floured tray and when you have all the chicken double breaded place it on the tray and wrap with plastic wrap.
Keep your chicken in the refrigerator for at least four hours before you deep fry it for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree deep fryer. Make sure you cut into the largest piece to make sure the chicken is done.
Chicken breaded , refrigerated , and fried this way makes the best fried chicken you will ever eat. Once you make it the first time and your family and friends taste it they will want you to make it again and again. It really is that good. In fact its some of the most delicious fried chicken you will ever eat.
Before Its News
Tips For Making The Best Chicken Ever
1. Smaller is better. If your going to be cutting up a frying chicken to cook pick out a fryer that is two to two and one half pounds. The pieces of chicken from a smaller chicken will be smaller and they will cook up quicker.
2. Always remember chicken safety. Never try to reuse flour later that you use for breading chicken. Chicken juices get into the flour so discard the flour when you're done breading the chicken.
3. Cook your dark meat in one batch and the white meat in another batch. White meat will always cook faster than dark meat. Yes I know that legs are smaller than breasts but it will still take longer to cook the legs. Your chicken needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
4. You will always be better to buy a home deep fryer if your going to be doing home deep frying. Home deep fryers are also safer. You should always have a fire extinguisher in your homes kitchen. Be sure it is specifically made to put out grease fires.
5. Buy yourself a couple of sets of metal tongs to use when your frying fish and other items.
6. You'll find that while draining your chicken on paper towels will work it will work even better if you have a large metal pan with a metal rack in it made for draining fried foods like chicken and fish. If your going to be doing a lot of home deep frying you might also want to buy a heat lamp to go over the pan to keep fried foods hot.
7. You can make quick and easy barbecued chicken that tastes wonderful by frying chicken say by the recipe at the top of this page and then place the cooked chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour a bottle of barbecue sauce in the bowl. Shake the bowl to coat all the chicken with barbecue sauce. You now have wonderful barbecued chicken.
8. Chicken thighs can be used in almost any recipe that calls for chicken breast. And it's about one third the price of chicken breast. You can remove the skin from the chicken thighs and the bone and have a great piece of chicken. You can use a meat tenderizing hammer to flatten your chicken thighs and tenderize them to make wonderful pieces of boneless fried chicken, chicken tenders, or popcorn chicken.
9. You can make wonderful grilled chicken by soaking your your chicken pieces in a covered plastic pan in he refrigerator overnight in Italian Dressing and the next day you can prepare the best grilled chicken that you'll ever taste. All you'll need to add on the grill is salt and pepper to taste.
Banana Pudding Is The Perfect Dessert For A Fried Chicken Meal
How To Make Delicious Banana Pudding
Banana Pudding doesn't have to be hard to make and it goes just perfect with any fried chicken meal. You can easily make the above banana pudding by buying the below items.
1. One Box Vanilla Wafers.
2. One Large Box Jello Instant Banana Pudding.
3. One Bunch Of Ripe Bananas.
4. One Large Carton Of Cool Whip Topping.
Make your banana pudding by the package directions. Start by putting a layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Now cut up a layer of bananas on top of the vanilla wafers.
Now put a layer of cool whipped topping on top of the pudding. You can see above in the photo how to decorate the top of your banana pudding. This banana pudding is delicious and it goes just perfect with any fried chicken meal.
Buttermilk And Tarragon Fried Chicken With Photos
Buttermilk and tarragon are the secret ingredients in this fried chicken. I've been making this delicious fried chicken for years and it's always wonderful. You want to put your cut up chicken in a large bowl that will hold it and allow you to cover the chicken with buttermilk and seasonings.
1. Two Cups Buttermilk.
2. One Tablespoon Dry Ground Tarragon.
3. One Teaspoon Dry Mustard.
Mix all three together and then pour over your chicken being sure that all your chicken gets well coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least four hours before you proceed with the recipe.
You can then follow along with the photos and instructions below and make some wonderful fried chicken. This chicken will have some of the best flavor you'll ever taste in a fried chicken. If you make the cole slaw and buttermilk biscuits you'll have one of the best meals you'll ever eat. Oh man that's some wonderful fried chicken.
With Your Fried Chicken You Need Cole Slaw And Homemade Biscuits
What would fried chicken be with out delicious homemade cole slaw and homemade biscuits. If you'll check out the photos below you can learn how to make some of the best cole slaw ever and below I'm going to share with you a wonderful recipe for buttermilk biscuits.
1. Two Cups All Purpose Flour.
2. One Half Teaspoon Baking Soda.
3. One Tablespoon Baking Powder.
4. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
5. Six Tablespoons Butter Cut Up In Small Pieces.
6. One Cup Of Buttermilk.
You'll also need some flour to put down a dusting of flour where your going to pat out your biscuits.
Combine your dry ingredients in the bowl of your food processor with the metal blade in the food processor. Drop your cut up butter in a little at a time and bump the food processor on for just a second each time. Your ingredients in the food processor should now resemble course meal.
Now add the buttermilk and run the food processor until just combined. Don't overdo it. Your dough should now be wet. If not add just a dab ( Teaspoon ) of buttermilk until it is.
Turn the dough out on a floured surface. Gently very gently pat the dough out until its about one half inch thick. Cut your biscuits out with a biscuit cutter or small glass and place them onto a greased baking pan. Cook them in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes until they are golden brown. Brush the cooked biscuits with melted butter and you now have delicious homemade buttermilk biscuits.
Cole Slaw Dressing
1. Eight Ounces Of Sour Cream.
2. One Fourth Cup Mayonnaise.
3. Two Tablespoons Sugar.
4. Two Tablespoons White Vinegar.
5. One Tablespoon Celery Seed.
6. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
7. One Teaspoon Ground White Pepper.
You will need three cups of finely shredded cabbage, two cups of finely shredded carrots, one half cup of fine diced sweet onions, and one half cup fine diced bell peppers. Then just follow the below instructions and you'll end up with delicious cole slaw.
Be sure to chill your cole slaw in the refrigerator covered for two hours before you use it. I cover mine with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
How To Make Delicious Cole Slaw With Instructional Photos
If Your Using A Home Deep Fryer
I Hope There's Fried Chicken In Your Future
I really believe the fried chicken recipes on this Hub Page make the best fried chicken that you will ever taste in your life. I've also included a wonderful recipe for cole slaw and a real easy recipe for buttermilk biscuits.
If you want a great recipe for green beans, fluffy mashed potatoes, another fried chicken recipe, another biscuit recipe and a wonderful recipe for old fashioned strawberry stack cake CLICK HERE
What Do You Think Of Our Delicious Fried Chicken Recipes. Thanks For Reading.
Susan from India on February 22, 2013:
Wow.. This is simply mouth watering. Voted Up.
Thomas Byers (author) from East Coast , United States on June 25, 2012:
You can go ahead and fry it right away but it will be better if you refrigerate it.
Adam on June 25, 2012:
What if I fry it right away instead of refridgerating it ?
Thomas Byers (author) from East Coast , United States on April 18, 2012:
Ive always made it the way posted but you can always make your own changes. Thanks for you comment.
gina on April 18, 2012:
your recipe looks decent, but I have a couple ?'s. shouldn't the chicken be floured first so that the sticks better? is it possible that i could sprinkle a little mixture of the seasonings directly on the chicken before the egg mixture? also, for some reason 4 cups of milk seems too much-wouldn't it make the batter too runny? thanx for your response.
Thomas Byers (author) from East Coast , United States on August 28, 2010:
It is truly the best fried chicken you will ever eat. It is the best. Thanks for the comments
Nicole on August 28, 2010:
Sounds delicious , i know what we are having for dinner tonight now !
Michael Shane from Gadsden, Alabama on March 22, 2010:
I'm ready! Serve it up!