Cooking time 15 minutes
- besan ( gram flour) 2 cups
- Turmeric 1/ 2 tsp
- Rice Flour 1/ 2 cup
- Plain yogurt 1/ 2 cup
- Sophie ( Semolina) 3 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Carom seeds ( ajwain) 1 /2 tsp
- Water 2 cups
- Onion 1 cup chopped (spring onions will be better)
- Chili as per taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Baking soda 1/ 4 tsp
- Oil 3 tsp
- Except oil, onions and baking soda mix all the ingredients together. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Take a skillet and heat it on gas.
- Put oil in it for pan frying.
- Once the oil is hot, mix baking soda in the mixture.
- Make a batter and spread a thin layer of the pancake in the skillet.
- Add onions.
- Cook till the layer on the skillet changes color.
- Then sprinkle some oil and flip the pancake..
- Allow it to cook for some time.
- Remove once it is cooked.
- Serve hot with yogurt or pickle.
Try these too!
- Easy homemade tips for glowing skin
who doesn't want a glowing skin? You may have a very fair complexion but it is of no use if your skin looks dull. Many a times, woman with olive or dark skin look even more prettier than the women with a fair complexion because of their glowing...
- easy crochet patterns for one day projects
When I was a kid, I could spent hours sitting just staring the way my grandmother used to knit Now I repent that instead on just staring I could have learned some knitting from her. I learned to crochet from the internet when I came to US. I tried...
- Easy makeup for beginners
Blessed are those who still manage to look fresh after being sleep deprived (almost for 3 days). The past 3 days have been quiet tough on me as my best friend of 20 years in India was facing major personal issues and the only person with whom she...
- Onion pakora easy and quick snack
Ask any Indian and he will gladly accept that he loves eating pakore when it rains. I do not know the connection but somehow whenever it is raining, a majority of us want to have pakora. Pakora is a batter of chickpea powder mixed with various...
- Healthy and easy Potato tangy snack ( Aloo Tikki )
This recipe is also a famous street food in India like the puffed rice. To know the recipe of puffed rice, read http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/Spicy-puffed-rice-Jhaal-Mudi. This dish is a famous North Indian street food. You can pair it up with...
- Easy and quick Jalapeno Fry
I learned this recipe from a very dear friend Alka Mishra. I was staying at her place for a week when my husband had gone for a week to Cleveland. In this one week, she had prepared some of the best " vegetarian" dishes I ever eat and no I did not...
- Easy and quick crochet beanie for a baby
I have been searching and searching for crochet pattern for a 12 month old baby. I did found some patterns but some were time consuming and some did not fit the baby I was crocheting for! I did get help from my fellow hubbers, specially Lee Tea....
- Easy,delicious and healthy Halva recipes-nutrient an...
US is a home away from home. As much as we love celebrating our Indian festivals here, we get the same pleasure when we celebrate the festivals those in US…Come October and my house gets busy gearing itself for the upcoming fests…my husband...
- My favorite childhood "Jalebi"- simple and easy Indi...
Jalebi the sweet and easy Indian dish
- Two different easy ways of cooking Egg Biryani
Cook Egg Biryani in two ways. Both are easy and take less than half an hour to cook!
- Home made chicken hot and sour soup without corn sta...
I have never prepared home made soup. I always used to think that they will not be as tasty as the ones served in the restaurant. However this misconception was broken when I had hot and sour chicken soup yesterday at a friend's home. It was very...
- different types of tasty and healthy rice recipes
Learn how to cook rice in different ways,easy and tasty recipes not to forget the nutritional value.
- Mushroom Masala
Spicy mushroom recipe. Cooked in a few minutes.
- Hot yogurt soup
I think that every yogurt lover should definitely try this recipe. In this spicy and sweet dish, yogurt is tempered with spices. Yogurt is usually consumed cold or in liquids. This dish however is very different from the usual yogurt recipes.This...
- Coconut Chutney
Easy coconut chutney which is simple, quick and healthy. To be used a side dish.
- Spicy and tasty Fish curry
Fish is one of the most favorite dish in the eastern India especially the West Bengal area. Not to mention it is also one of the favorite dish of my husband too and of those dishes which I do not enjoy cooking or eating much. However fish is...
- Illish maach bengali style ( milk fish recipe)
Easy illish maach in mustard gravy
dipsmi (author) from Plymouth, Minnisota on March 05, 2012:
Thanks MikeSyursutton!! This recipe is easy to prepare and very tasty too!!!
MikeSyrSutton from An uncharted galaxy on March 04, 2012:
Wow! Great recipe. I am definitely going to try it. Voted up!
dipsmi (author) from Plymouth, Minnisota on October 20, 2011:
Dear Ghaelach, thanks for the encouragement.Do you have any Asian store at your locality? Some ingredients are easy to find but for gram flour powder maybe you will have to find an Asian store.
Ghaelach on October 20, 2011:
If i can get hold of all the ingredents i've got to try this.
As an English man i grew up with curry, naan bread and lot of other Indian foods, but now living in Germany so i don't get the chance to eat very much of it now.
Nice hub and voted up.