Shwetha Bhat is passionate about food and cooking. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and share her recipes.
About Gram flour-Wheat Flour Halwa
Halwas are one of the most common and delicious desserts in India. It can be done using wide variety of ingredients like carrot, bottle gourd, pumpkin, sooji, wheat flour, gram flour and many more.
Gram flour-wheat flour halwa is very healthy and kid friendly recipe. It is liked by most of the people. Very easy, quick, rich and delicious recipe. It melts in mouth and tastes too good. It is a great option when you want to eat something interesting at home or just want to eat something sweet or when guests visits you suddenly. Also suits for special occasions and festive celebrations.
Using ghee gives delicious flavor to this halwa. The method of preparation is almost similar to other halwa recipes like suji halwa,carrot halwa etc.
Gram flour is rich source of fiber, iron and vitamins. Contains carbohydrates and high proportion of protein.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 people 1 cup of gram and wheat flour
- 3/4 cup ghee, home made or store brought
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup milk, warm or cold
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar, or as required
How to make gram flour-wheat flour halwa
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for making halwa.
- In a pan heat 3/4 cup of ghee. (You can increase the quantity).
- Now add 1 cup of gram flour and 1 cup of wheat flour to the hot ghee. Mix well. Now it will absorb all the ghee. Start frying in low to medium flame till gram flour-wheat flour mixture turns golden color and fragrant. Keep stirring frequently.
- Now add sugar, mix well.
- Add 1 cup of milk and one cup of water. Mix continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Within 1-2 minutes halwa starts absorbs water-milk mixture and thickens.
- Continue to cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes. When the consistency of halwa is thick and release from sides of the pan completely, switch off the flame.
- Serve hot or warm after meal as sweet dessert.
More about the recipe
- You can even add dry fruits like cashews, almonds, raisins to this halwa.
- You can increase the quantity of ghee and sugar as per your taste.
- Increasing the amount of milk will make your halwa more soft.
- You can use organic sugar instead of regular sugar.
- Always roast flours in low flame to avoid burning.
- You can add cardamom powder which enhances the flavor of the sweet.