Poland is a beautiful country. They have the Baltic Sea coast in the north, the Tatra Mountains in the south, and a whole lot going on in the kitchen. When the Poles immigrated to the United States, Americans were lucky that they brought their recipe book with them. This hot dog is called the Zloty dog, named after the Polish national currency, it and pays tribute to the awesome cuisine the Poles are noted for.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6-8 hot dogs
- 1 package potato hot dog buns
- 1 package Polish sausage
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 1 package frozen potato pierogis
- 1 bottle paprika
- 1 bottle brown mustard
- Cook frozen pierogis per instructions. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausages, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- Lay a fully cooked sausage into a bun, lightly coat with brown mustard, add a generous portion of sauerkraut, and top with 2-3 pierogis.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.