1 1/4 cups (150 g) sunflower seeds, finely ground
3 tbsp. (27 g) psyllium powder
2 tbsp. (8g) baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 egg whites, (107g)
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup hot water
bagel seasoning, (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2) Using a coffee grinder grind raw sunflower seeds about 2 tbsp. at a time, until you have obtained 1 1/4 cups of sunflower seed flour.
3) In a bowl mix the sunflower seed flour, psyllium powder, baking powder and salt.
4) Add egg whites, apple cider vinegar and hot water. Mix well until a ball of dough forms.
5) With wet hands form 5 rolls and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6) Brush buns with egg yolk and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
7) Bake for 30 minutes, until the buns are golden brown.
8) Cool totally on a wire rack prior to cutting.
9) The rolls will keep for a week in the refrigerator and a few months in the freezer.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE FOR 1 BUN
net carbs 4g