Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
GIGI'S CUPCAKES - A Review
Review of Gigi's Cupcakes in Greensboro, NC
A REVIEW OF GIGI'S CUPCAKES BAKERY IN GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA
A bakery that specializes in selling cupcakes? A well loved cupcake shop? Gigi’s Cupcakes is a cupcake bakery that is located in an often busy and high-traffic section of Westover Terrace in Greensboro, North Carolina. This article will contain a brief review of the Gigi's Cupcakes bakery that specializes in offering lovely cupcakes.
Gigi's Cupcakes is a franchise and has many other cupcake bakery locations in other states, as well. In Greensboro, the Gigi's Cupcakes shop is conveniently located immediately next door to Pot Belly’s sandwich shop, which I also love.
I could easily stop by both Gigi's Cupcakes shop and Pot Belly's sandwich shop in one trip!
During my first visit to Gigi's Cupcakes bakery, I spontaneously decided to walk in to the bakery with my son to see what the bakery had to offer. As I review Gigi's Cupcakes, I can definitely say that I was pleasantly surprised by just how quaint and cute the cupcake shop was! The interior was fantastic!
At Gigi's Cupcakes bakery, there was fine attention to detail in the beautiful cupcake decorations displayed in glass cases, and there were complementary colors on everything from the cupcake shop décor to the cardboard boxes used to package the cupcakes and other goods.
- Gigi's Cupcakes is a cupcake shop that really appears to care about its branding.
- Using eye-catching pale green and pink cardboard boxes with a hint of brown is a lovely way to package the scrumptious baked goods such as the cupcakes.
- Consistent throughout, the Gigi's Cupcakes shop uses these pale green and pink colors on its website, as well.
Cheesecake cupcake with fruit and cream topping, Italian wedding cake cupcake, birthday cake cupcake with confetti sprinkles and more
Cupcakes at Gigi's Cupcakes are generous in size
- Cupcakes at Gigi’s Cupcakes bakery are very large and can easily be cut to share between two people. We appreciated the generous sizing of the cupcakes.
- The cupcakes cost around $3 each.
- A box of four cupcakes costs around $12.
At Gigi's Cupcakes bakery, a box of four cupcakes is very neatly divided and can be transported to another location without getting the cupcakes messed up.
- The packaging of the cupcakes is very good for preventing the cupcakes from getting squashed or crumbled, and it prevents the frosting on the cupcakes from getting messed up as well.
The cupcakes at Gigi's Cupcakes bakery are elaborately decorated with lots of frosting. When it comes to choosing what cupcakes you will buy, you will be thinking, “Decisions, decisions!” as there are a wealth of options to choose from at Gigi's Cupcakes bakery. My son wanted the birthday cake option for his cupcake, which comes with pink frosting and confetti-style sprinkles. I was enthusiastic about ordering wedding cake cupcakes and cheesecake cupcakes for us and the rest of the family to share. We did indeed decide to cut our cupcakes so we could each try some, and every variety of cupcake that we purchased was delicious.
- The cheesecake cupcake was very creamy and good, and had frosting and fruit topping, while the wedding cake cupcake was especially soft, moist, and flavorful.
The cupcakes from Gigi's Cupcakes did not disappoint!
Great customer service at Gigi's Cupcakes
The people who work at Gigi’s cupcake shop in Greensboro, North Carolina are very pleasant in their customer service delivery and will readily answer any questions you might have about the establishment or the product offerings.
Visiting the cupcake shop is a memorable experience which might prompt you to want to learn more about the business at Gigi's Cupcakes' website, gigiscupcakesusa.com.
This website is very informative as well. The background of the business and the menu options are discussed on the website.
On our next visit to this shop, we might try other cupcake varieties such as the red velvet or some of the various types of chocolate cupcakes.
Sprinkled & more
1. Meet Gigi of Gigi's Cupcakes
Gigi of Gigi's Cupcakes
Gina " Gigi " Butler, born in Oklahoma, was raised in California. She later moved to Tennessee to pursue a country singing and songwriting career but she eventually decided to open a cupcake shop.
When she decided to open a cupcake shop, Gina " Gigi " Butler also had experience operating her own house cleaning business since she was 15 year old.
- Gina " Gigi " Butler's own personal favorite cupcake by Gigi's Cupcakes is a banana cupcake with chocolate chunks in it.
- Many of the cupcake recipes at Gigi's Cupcakes come from generations of Gina " Gigi " Butler's family such as her baking great aunts in Oklahoma.
- Gina's mother helped her with the naming of some of the cupcakes.
What type of Gigi's Cupcake would you be most likely to order?
Update: This particular Gigi's Cupcakes shop location has closed down.:(
Recently, I've learned that the Greensboro location has unfortunately closed down. Now, it seems that closest Gigi's Cupcakes to the Greensboro area is in Winston Salem, North Carolina. So, at least the experience of visiting this shop can still be found elsewhere. It is worth a visit, if it is convenient for you.
2. Gigi's Cupcakes | Tennessee Crossroads
3. Gigi's Cupcakes Franchise Video
4. Titans linebacker Brian Orakpo has a sweet cupcake side gig [A GIGI'S CUPCAKES franchise location] | Monday Night Countdown
© 2017 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 29, 2019:
Gigi's Cupcakes in Greensboro, North Carolina has unfortunately closed down since I first wrote this hub but there are other Gigi's Cupcakes locations that are still in business and it is such a nice cupcake shop to visit!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on October 16, 2017:
I hope that you have been doing well. I have started writing some more on HubPages again after not having written anything new on HubPages for a while. I so appreciate you posting your nice comment to this hub about Gigi's Cupcakes. Thanks.
Nancy Hinchliff from Essex Junction, Vermont on October 10, 2017:
Good review, thanks, and the cupcakes look great, but I 'm alwayss leary about buying them from a bakery; they tend to be a little dry. I really prefer to make mine at home.