Indian at heart who loves tasting and preparing different types of tea.
Ingredients For Gralic Ginger Tea
Most Indians are aware of the health benefits of ginger and garlic. Ginger-Garlic paste has been used in food recipes, especially curries for thousands of years in the Indian sub continent. But the basic problem with these preparations is the use and heating of oil which makes the overall recipe tasty but at the same time unhealthy. So to overcome this problem, people in rural India have come up with a unique healthy as well as tasty alternative to consume ginger and garlic. They call it as garlic ginger tea or one can simply call it garlic tea. This is not a conventional Indian tea so please do not add milk to it. Before preparing the tea, you need to ensure that you have following ingredients at home to prepare one cup of tea:
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves. Make sure you have fresh garlic which is not too dry.
- Small pieces of ginger. The ginger quantity should be 75 percent of that of garlic.
- 1 lemon.
- 1 glass of water.
- One or two spoons of honey as per taste.
Actual Steps for Preparing Garlic Ginger Tea
Now that you have all the ingredients, lets start with the actual steps:
- First grind the garlic cloves and ginger in a mixer grinder so that it forms a paste.
- Boil a glass of water in a pan.
- After this add the garlic-ginger paste in the pan containing water and heat it for 15 minutes on a medium flame so that is gets cooked well.
- Once it starts boiling, you can turn off the flame and let the mixture settle as it is for 10 minutes.
- Filter out the solid from the tea by pouring the mixture in a cup or glass using a sieve.
- Add a spoon of lemon juice and two spoons of honey to the mixture and stir it well.
- Your garlic ginger tea is ready to be served!
Health Benefits of Garlic Ginger Tea
The ingredients used to prepare this tea make it a very good alternative over conventional tea as it comes with many health benefits:
- Taking this tea in the morning helps improve metabolism.
- Taking this tea empty with a stomach in the morning helps to reduce toxic elements in the body and helps in smooth functioning of the digestive system for the rest of the day.
- This tea acts as an antibiotic which helps improve the immune system
- It helps in keeping diseases such as common cold, cough and other types of flue at bay. Ginger and lemon as well as garlic play a key role in this.
- It is a boon for people with high cholesterol issues. Garlic is the key ingredient which helps cholesterol problems.
- It helps in regulating a normal blood circulation. Here garlic and honey play a major role.
- Ayurveda experts suggest that the combination is very good for heart diseases as well.
- For those trying to loose weight, this tea is a must try!
- With a healthy digestive system and use of lemon, it also helps in achieving a healthy and glowing skin.
- Garlic has anti fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Tips for Better Taste
Though ginger garlic tea tastes excellent, it may be a little strong for the people who are trying it for the first time. In this case, you can reduce the quantity of garlic and ginger and increase the quantity of lemon and honey. As you gradually develop the taste, you can increase the quantity of garlic and ginger in it every week. This problem comes especially for the people from the west who are not used to such a strong flavor. Also in case you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned in this recipe, please consult your doctor before trying it at home on your own.
Side Effects and Precautions
As garlic is the key ingredient in ginger garlic tea, it comes with few side effects as well. Most common side effects are bad breath, body odor and stomach upsets in some cases. If you are suffering from stomach ulcers or hemophilia, garlic tea is not the best option for you and you should consult your doctor before adding this tea to your routine. If the recipe goes wrong and ginger is consumed in excess, it may cause heart burns as well as mouth and throat irritations.
So guys, I hope you loved reading this article. Please share your feedback and suggestions if you have some customization or variations in this core recipe. It is a simple recipe and you don't need to be a cooking expert to try it. So hope the readers give it a try.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Shrikant Jadhav