I’m a home grown southern woman, mom to 3 wonderful kids, and wife to the man of my dreams. I grew up in Texas but have lived all over the
About Fresh Tomato Salsa
From the time I was a little girl and I'm sure even before I was born my family has always had a new garden. My mother would always say " why pay someone for food you can grow yourself for 1 / 2 the price", |I've always tried to live by that. I do almost all of my canning and like my mother, I have a garden, although it is nowhere near the scale hers. I actually have a love for salsa but never|had taken a liking to the store-bought stuff. The salsa|I actually make is made from few simple fresh items for you will find in your garden.
This salsa can be a very easy fast snack that just takes a few minutes to make. If you like your salsa more on the hot end you can include more peppers or leave your seeds in. For the more mild salsa you can use fewer peppers, or for a no heat salsa you can leave the hot peppers out and replace them with bell pepper.
Fresh tomato salsa
Let Me Know What You Think
4 Reasons to grow your own vegetables
(1) Freshness- We all know the fresher the fruits and vegetables the better they are. When you buy your vegetables from a store almost all of them have traveled many miles to arrive there.Consequently, from the time they were picked till the time you purchase them, it could be days or even several weeks since they were picked.
(2) Safety- You do not know where or how the vegetables you purchase at the store where grown. They could have chemicals on them or recently been watered with dirty water. The soil that was used may have been in bad condition. Or they might even have been grown under lights.
(3) Money- when you buy from the store you pay the price of seeds, the salary of the farmers, and the people at the store, gas, and storage. Thus a bag of 4 tomatoes may cost up to 3 dollars more, as the same tomatoes that you could grow at home would perhaps even less if you live somewhere that gets a good amount of rain, and the sun.
(4) To help others- While this is not a must, even a tiny garden will give you enough food that you will be able to give some neighbors, family, and friends.
When you grow your own food you know how it was produced. When it was fresh, as well as for how much it cost. It might take a little bit of work but it can help you save a lot of money along with offering just what you want when you need it.
Grilled Fish With Fresh Tomato Salsa
Everything You Need
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes approximately 3 cups.
How To Make It
- Mix everything into a bowl
- Toss to coat coat in oil
- Let stand 10 minutes, enjoy
What You Will Need
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno, minced with or without seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Try This Salsa With These Fish Tacos
Some Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- True Texas Chili
This is a recipe for a easy make at home true Texas chili, with no beans or tomatoes.
- Amish Friendship Bread
This is a recipe for Amish Friendship Bread starter and cinnamon bread. with a day by day guide.
- Real Southern Cornbread
A true easy southern corn bread recipe. with no sugar.
- Ham and Potato Hash
A recipe for a easy Ham Hash with potatoes. That is perfect for holiday leftovers.
- Best Homemade Apple Butter Recipe
A Simple Recipe For A Slow Cooked Apple Butter That Everyone Will Love
Brenda (author) from Florida on August 26, 2013:
That dose sound good. Thanks Claudia Tello for stop taking the time to read my recipe.
Claudia Tello from Mexico on August 26, 2013:
Your fresh tomato salsa looks delicious. My favorite thing to but it on is a grilled black bean and cheese open sandwich, a match made in heaven.