Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
PAELLA can be a expensive food. Written here is a budget paella recipe that can save you some money when you are cooking paella. This scrumptious paella is still big on taste. This paella is a very enjoyable food!
How To Make Paella: A Budget Recipe for Paella
RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE PAELLA -
- Paella is one of my favorite foods that is a rice dish. Containing rice, meat and seafood, paella is a main dish that is satisfying and so delicious.
- Ingredients for a delicious paella recipe can be a bit pricey.
- Would you like to learn how to make appetizing paella?
- What is the best way to make tasty paella on a budget?
- This recipe hub will give you some ideas for how to make appealing paella on a budget.
Some foods such as paella are just timeless, classic, traditional and word spreads about how good these foods are. An export of Spain, paella is a tasty dish that has become very famous in the United States.
I have enjoyed scrumptious paella that was cooked at various restaurants and as I often discuss in my recipe hubs on HubPages, when a dish cooked at a restaurant was delicious and memorable, I sometimes work to recreate a similar flavor when cooking food at home.
For example, the carrot cheesecake recipe hub was inspired by the delicious dessert that I ate at the Cheesecake Factory.
The maple roasted chicken recipe hub was inspired by the very tasty rotisserie chicken offered at Boston Market, the fast food restaurant chain that offers wholesome and hearty flavorful dishes that are often like homemade.
I have also had great tasting paella at Spanish restaurants and have been inspired by the preparation of the paella and food presentation of the delicious paella at these Spanish restaurants.
- There are numerous versions of paella recipes out there, with some of the paella recipes asking for you to stick as close to the tradition as possible. This can involve purchasing a special type of pot to prepare paella or buying the spice saffron, which is very expensive.
- You will find that bottles of various spices range from as little as 99 cents to around $4.
- Saffron on the other hand will cost you around a hearty $18!. Therefore, saffron has been eliminated from this version of the paella recipe.
- Additionally, please feel free to use whatever pot you have in your home for this paella dish. I use a frying pan to make this paella.
For this recipe discussing how to make paella, you will need a medley of meats and seafood.
For this tasty paella dish, you can choose four to six different meat and seafood items to suit your taste and budget.
Examples are mussels which I do not use because I don't like them and lobsters which I do not use because they are too expensive. Perhaps I would use the latter on a special occasion when opting to cook instead of dining out, but the paella recipe below is economical enough to prepare for routine dinnertime.
For cooking this paella, the meats/seafood I suggest, if you eat any/all of them are:
- 2 Chicken thighs or breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Pork chops
- 3 Lean turkey sausages
- 1 cup of shrimp
When I cook this paella, I like to use plump jumbo shrimp that are raw and cook them for this flavorful meal.
Have you had paella before?
Instructions for Making Paella
Here are the steps to making this delicious meal of paella:
1. To make this paella, cut all thawed meats (chicken, turkey sausage, and pork) into small cubes, through the bones if there are any, with a sharp knife.
2. Rinse the meat for the paella with water and a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Remove all the water and place the meat for preparing the paella in a large bowl.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of paprika, and one tablespoon of garlic on the meat.
- Mix well and allow to sit for several minutes in the bowl, while you prepare other ingredients for making the paella.
- The longer the meat marinates, the more flavorful it will be in the paella, so you can even do this step several hours before and allow the bowl of meat to sit in the refrigerator with plastic wrap on it.
3. Take one large green bell pepper, one large red bell pepper, and one large onion, wash them and cut them up into small pieces. Set aside.
4. Add the meat to a preheated pot that has been coated with olive oil.
- Allow it to cook on the stovetop on high heat for the first twenty minutes, stirring as needed for even heat distribution.
5. For this paella, sparingly sprinkle some additional spices directly into the pot:
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
6. For this paella recipe, add 2 cups of water, 1 1/2 cups of rice and a pat of butter to the meat in the pot.
- As it returns to a boil, bring the heat down to low and cover the pot or frying pan.
7. After 10 minutes, add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper and onion that were cut up.
8. Also add 1 cup peeled raw shrimp.
9. Cover the pot again and turn off heat after 15 additional minutes.
10. Done. Enjoy eating the delicious paella!
Please Rate This Paella Recipe
1. Why is Saffron So Expensive?
As the video clip below shows, at Tony Boloney's Pizzeria in Hoboken, New Jersey, USA, a paella pizza concept has been created.
- The paella pizza is called " The Conquistador ".
- It has been developed, containing saffron and chorizo and it tastes like paella.
In the video clip below, Mark, who is presenting the paella pizza and works at Tony Boloney Pizzeria says that he had never heard of paella until he was about 20 years old.
- In the video clip, Mark discusses that he and his team are thinking of selling this paella pizza for $70 - $80 per slice.
- When the paella pizza is critiqued, Mark is told that the paella pizza still needs to have a dough base in addition to its rice base in order to be considered to be pizza.
2. Really Dough? ( Season 2 , Episode 8 ) " $1000 Pizza... : Worth It? | Really Dough? "
3. Paella espanola
4. Mastering Paella in Valencia, Spain | Christine Cushing
Have you ever?
5. Authentic Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe - Colab with Best Bites Forever
6. How to Make the Perfect Paella
© 2009 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on January 26, 2009:
Thanks Lgali! It's one of my favorite dishes to cook up.- Journey*
Lgali on January 26, 2009: