Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Here is a very simple and easy to make egg omelette dish prepared Indian-style with a few basic spices. A quick to make, healthy meal. One more in the series on cooking for beginners.
Try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small tomato, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp/to taste red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp/to taste salt
- 1/4 tsp haldi/turmeric powder, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mint powder, you can use fresh hara dhania/cilantro instead as needed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- Break the egg in a mixing bowl and whip it well with an egg beater or fork. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the butter and oil and mix well.
- Keep a pan on low heat, add the butter and oil and let them melt and heat up a bit.
- Pour the egg mixture and spread it around. Let it cook until the underside is cooked and the edges are free.
- Flip over the omelette and cook this side also for a minute or so.
- The egg omelette is ready. Serve with toast and tomato sauce.
Egg Omelette Recipe Indian Style
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly
Dora Weithers on July 30, 2021:
Another simple recipe for egg lovers. Looks interesting. Thank you.