Yummy spicy egg curry made from boiled eggs. This egg curry is simple to make, can be cooked anytime. Serve egg curry with rice or chapattis.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 medium sizes Onion, grated
- 1 tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1 Green chilly, finely chopped
- 1 big Tomato, grated
- 1 Bay leaves
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp. Garam masala
- 2 tsp. Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red chilly powder
- 1 Tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Fresh Coriander, for garnish
- We need hard boiled eggs for egg curry so boil the eggs for about 15 minutes. Add a tsp. of salt to the boiling water to get the eggs peel off easily. Peel the boiled eggs and keep aside.
- In a pan add little oil on a low flame. Gently slide the boiled eggs in oil and fry them till the egg’s skin gets slightly brown. But be careful while frying eggs because it splutters little bit, so cover the pan slightly. (It’s an optional step one can just use the boiled egg for egg curry).But I like fried eggs in my egg curry.
- Now to make egg curry gravy, pour the oil in a pan on low flame and add bay leaves and cloves when oil is warm.
- Add grated onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli. Sauté until onions become brown or onion leaves the oil. Then add grated tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl mix together coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala with little water and make a paste.(this step will avoid the burning of spices and flavour). Add this paste to the pan. Mix well and cover the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled eggs to the pan and add a cup of water to the mixture to make the egg gravy. Put the salt, cover it and cook it further for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve the delicious egg curry with Rice or Chapattis.
preweb (author) from UK on June 21, 2014:
Thanks Filipino for your comment.
Filipino Store on June 21, 2014:
This is delicious. I love it
preweb (author) from UK on June 20, 2014:
Thanks ethnic food for stopping by...
Ethnic Food on June 19, 2014:
I love egg curry. thanks for recipe
preweb (author) from UK on April 07, 2013:
Thanks a lot peachpurple for stoping by and voting up:)
peachy from Home Sweet Home on April 07, 2013:
these egg curry looks good. I have just cooked mine too. Maybe different version. Voted up