Nigerian eggroll is a pastry snack. It is made with dough and boiled eggs. It is best paired with cold soda or any drink of choice.
The major difference between this recipe and the traditional recipe is that this recipe does not contain butter and the egg is dipped into a thick batter instead of having a dough that is molded around the egg.
It is just as delicious as the traditional Nigerian eggrolls but it is much easier and faster to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Boil eggs till they are hard-boiled. Peel boiled eggs and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk one raw egg and milk together. Add baking powder, salt, sugar, and flour and mix into a thick batter. There is no use of butter in this recipe.
- Put boiled eggs in wooden skewers and coat in flour.
- Dip coated eggs in the batter and roll it around till it forms a large coat. Same way you do corn dogs.
- Drop it in boiling oil to fry.
- Fry till it's brown and crispy.
- Take it out and leave to cool. Can be preserved in a fridge for a day or two.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes 3 egg rolls