A homemaker mixing some ingredients and turning them into delicious recipes with a lot of nutritional value. Recipes are very simple to try.
Lamingtons are small squares of soft sponge cake dipped in chocolate and rolled in desiccated coconut. This desert is very Delicious!!
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1 tea spoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200g granulated sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 160ml milk
- 290g icing sugar
- 45g cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract with beater till smooth and creamy.
- Now add sifted plain flour in 2 batches along with baking powder and fold it with wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once all the flour is incorporated really well add in melted butter and mix again with the spatula.
- Transfer all the batter in a greased square baking tray.
- Now bake the cake at 170°C in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely overnight or at least 2..3 hours.
- Cut into small equal squares
- In a bowl whisk together 50g melted butter and milk.
- Now mix in sifted cocoa powder ,a pinch of salt and icing sugar.
- Whisk the sauce till its smooth and shiny.
- Take cake squares.
- Dip them in chocolate sauce one by one.
- Then coat them in desiccated coconut.
Cling wrap the lamingtons to keep them moist and soft for a long time
© 2021 Marwah Altaf