Sydney Spence enjoys trying to new recipes and sharing her own family recipes with others.
Easy Appetizers You Won't Have to Stress About
Every party, every family holiday, and every dinner party needs appetizers. I've compiled my easiest ones into one simple hub so you can pick and choose what works best for you. From oven baked nachos to delicious deviled eggs, you're sure to find something to enjoy here!
Easy to Make Recipe: Seven Layer Dip
There is enough to worry about when organizing a party or get together, appetizers should be one of the easy things. You can't get any easier than chips and dips.
Besides, it's almost always guaranteed to please your party crowd so why not switch it up? Alternate the can dips with a homemade seven layer dip and enjoy the praise.
Prep time: 5 min
Ready in: 5 min
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1 Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Can Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Can (1/2 Cup) Ripe Olives, Sliced and Drained
- 1 Medium Tomato, Diced (3/4 Cup)
- Bag Tortilla Chips
- In medium bowl, stir together refried beans and taco seasoning.
- Spread mix on large platter.
- In a second medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and chilies.
- Spread over bean mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Easy to Make Recipe: Hot Water Cornbread
How many of you remember this inexpensive and easy to make fried bread? Not to worry, you don't use too much oil and you can substitute for a healthier option like corn oil. One more tip; consider using a seasoned corn meal to add flavor.
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 2 min
Ready in: 4 min
Yields: Individual Servings
- 2 Cups Corn Meal
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Combine cornmeal and salt in bowl.
- Heat skillet on stovetop with enough oil to cover bottom of pan – get the oil really hot before frying the cornbread.
- Pour hot water into cornmeal a little at a time and stir – do not make too soupy but wet enough to drop by spoonfuls into hot oil.
- Cook until brown, flip over, and brown other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot.
Easy to Make Recipe: Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs make a great stand alone appetizer or simple side to any dish. The good thing is they aren't holiday specific and go well with anything.
From Easter supper to your Fourth of July cookout to the Thanksgiving turkey dinner or the Christmas ham; anything you make, deviled eggs compliment.
You aren't required to stick to the traditional deviled eggs either...
Here's a unique tip for out of the ordinary deviled eggs:
Instead of cutting the eggs in half to remove the yolk, try slicing them thinly (in the long direction). Next you'll place one egg slice per bagel crisp and top with a strip of mayo.
This recipe is for the traditional deviled eggs.
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Light Mayo
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Boil eggs.
- Remove from heat.
- Peel the shells off.
- Rinse eggs under cool water.
- Cut in half long ways.
- Spoon out the yolk and place in bowl.
- Mix mayo and mustard in with yolk until somewhat smooth.
- Spoon into empty egg halves.
10. Sprinkle with pepper.
11. Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour, covered so they don't dry out.
Easy to Make Recipe: Pizza Crust
Save money on delivery and use the toppings of your choice!
When considering pizza for dinner tonight, why not consider making it yourself? Save money and have fun!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 4-6
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Package Yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- Mix together Water, Yeast and Oil.
- Set Aside.
- Now mix together Sugar, Salt and Flour.
- Add to first mixture.
- Beat for 20 strokes.
- Let stand for five minutes.
- Roll out on lightly floured board.
- Transfer to pizza pan.
- Top with favorite toppings.
10. Bake on 400 until crust is golden brown.
Easy to Make Recipe: Oven Baked Nachos
If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe then maybe oven baked nachos are something to think about. Whether you're making them as appetizers or a full movie-n-dinner night to go with Pico de Gallo, these nachos are sure to please. Look no further for something fast to make for dinner tonight.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 3 min
Ready in: 8 min
Yields: Serves the number of chips you make
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 Block Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Jar Picante Sauce
- 1 Small Tub Sour Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a pan with foil.
- Drop of spoonful of beans to each round chip and lightly press flat, careful not to break the chip.
- Line the chips on the foil covered pan. (You can also make homemade flour tortillas to substitute for the tortilla chips)
- Drop one spoonful of Picante Sauce on each chip.
- Then sprinkle cheese on each chip.
- Bake in oven for 2-3 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spoon sour cream on each chip and serve while hot.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Sydney Spence
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on October 08, 2020:
Sign me up for the deviled eggs. Only problem for me is I don't have the patience to make them. Now, if you would be so kind as to send me a dozen, I would be more than happy to eat them. :)