Spaghetti Bolognese is one Italian recipe that I liked cooking. It taste delicious and so cheap to buy and very easy to cook.
How I cook Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of my favourite easy to cook dinner or supper as it takes only half an hour to forty five minutes to prepare and cook. Here is my easy recipe. And also it saves you money on your shopping bill. In Asda Walmart stores, they sell one packet of spaghetti for 25 pence and that is really cheap. If I buy it somewhere else, it is more expensive.
Home made Spaghetti Bolognese
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves 4 people
Ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500grams minced beef, lean
- 440grams Bolognese sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree, tinned or tube
- 1 cube beef stock
- 6 litres water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 3or 4 laurel leaves, dried
Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese
- Put the water in a saucepan and start boiling it. Add salt and a little olive oil to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together.
- Cut up the onion and garlic then set aside.
- Cut up the tomatoes into small cubes, set aside.
- To make the sauce, put the rest of the olive oil in a pan, when hot add the garlic and onions, stir until nearly brown, add the tomatoes and stir until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the minced meat and laurel leaves, stir for about 5 minutes or until the mince meat is nearly cooked. Try not to overcook the mince meat.
- Add black pepper, Bolognese sauce, beef stock, and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed and set aside, while you cook the spaghetti sticks.
- Check if the water has boiled then add the spaghetti sticks, when the spaghetti sticks are soft, they are ready. Drain the water by putting it through a strainer.Then either mix the spaghetti sauce mix with the spaghetti or dish them up separately.
- If you like, put the spaghetti on a plate then put the spaghetti sauce mix on top. For me, to save time and mucking about I put the spaghetti and sauce mix together and mix them all up then serve it up on a plate.
- You can add grated cheese on top of the spaghetti if you like just before serving. Serve with salad or without salad. Garlic bread with butter is also a good accompaniment to this dish.
Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese
This is an easy cook dinner that you can eat any time of the day really. What I like about spaghetti bolognese is that it takes little time to cook and cheap to buy. It saves you money. If you are hungry as well, it will be cooked in about half an hour to forty five minutes. And if you cook too much you can freeze your left over for next time when you got no time to cook. Just take it out from the freezer, defroze it, microwave it and eat it. Job done. Just prepare some salad and baguettes to go with it.
Map of Italy
Filipino Spaghetti Bolognese
Home made Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Homemade Beef Burgers Recipe
I love beef and chicken burgers so one day I couldn't think of what to do with my minced meat and the idea of making burgers came to my mind and so I made my own beef burgers.
Spaghetti Bolognese Sauce
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2013 Linda Bryen
Homemade Spaghetti Bolognese Comments
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on August 05, 2018:
Thanks Gregory, I hope you enjoy when you make it.
Gregory DeVictor from Pittsburgh, PA on August 04, 2018:
Thanks for a very appetizing recipe. I have all of the ingredients except for the pasta.
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on August 04, 2018:
Hi! Sherry, thank you for your comment. Yes, I use beef stock or beef flavoured gravy granules if you don't have beef stock for the sauce to make it tasty. I still use the sauce in the jar but not put too much.
Sherry Venegas from La Verne, CA on August 04, 2018:
Is the key to this sauce beef flavor? I am bored with the tomato based sauce I get from the jar. This is my next recipe to try.
Linda Bryen (author) from United Kingdom on May 12, 2013:
Hello! travmaj, I am glad you like my speedy supper. I just love this dish because it is easy to prepare and cook and it is so tasty. Thanks once again for your comment.
travmaj from australia on May 12, 2013:
Hi again - I really enjoy spaghetti bolognese - any time. A very satisfying dish.
Your recipe is very easy and manageable. My recipe is very similar and I cook it quite often. Nice with chunks of garlic bread.
Thank you for this -