I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
I love making quick, easy, delicious and healthy dishes. In this way I save time without sacrificing nutrition and taste. This is why, I am always in search of such kind of recipes.
I went to a furniture store recently and brought home not only home stuff but also some meatballs. Everyone loved it at home. So, I decided to make my own healthier version. This meatball recipe is also great if you want to sneak in more vegetables for your children.
- 1/4 k ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, grated
- 1 cup squash, grated
- 1 piece medium egg
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. I use a turbo oven at home.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Mince the onion.
- Grate the broccoli and squash.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into balls (I made 9 balls total).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce!
Enjoy Meatballs with Different Sauces
I had fun at home preparing different sauces for these meatballs. I particularly love it with homemade tomato pasta sauce and the Swedish meatball sauce.
Below are some of the sauces you can do at home.
Spaghetti Tomato Sauce
Swedish Meatball Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Mushroom Gravy Sauce
Simple Gravy Sauce
Meatball Sub Sandwich
Talking about versatility, I also made a meatball sub sandwich with my first batch of homemade meatballs. Kids and adults alike cleaned up their plates in no time.
How to Assemble a Meatball Sub Sandwich
Healthy and Tasty Tips
- For the pasta dish, use pasta made of vegetables. I normally get what is called 'vegeroni.' You can see it in the cover image of this article.
- I chose to bake my meatballs instead of frying them because it is easier to make a big batch and is healthier.
- For the sweet and sour sauce, I added some vegetables to it like red and green bell peppers, pineapple chunks and carrots. Make sure to add vegetables that cook fast.
- You can also add some fast-cooking vegetables in the curry sauce.
- For the mushroom gravy sauce, I added more mushrooms than what was required in the recipe.