A delicious light meal
Easy baked potato dish
- 4 large potatoes sliced
- half a packet bacon pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- large pinch salt and ground pepper
- dash of chili powder
- olive oil
- parmesan grated for top.
- boil sliced potatoes in the milk and salt till fairly soft
- oil baking dish with some herbs and olive oil
- Place half layer of potatoes at bottom of dish
- Add half bacon pieces and peas on next layer and sprinkle of herbs
- sprinkle with cheese and also a small amount of Parmesan cheese
- add your final layer of potatoes and bacon pieces
- pour milk mixture over dish
- finish off with herbs and cheese and drizzle of olive oil and small dusting of paprika, ground pepper and chili powder
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade for forty minutes or so until firm.
** If you want a crispy top, you can place under grill for a short time.
Scroll to Continue