Easy Italian Pasta Dish! Tomato garlic basil chicken pasta!
Information about meal
This meal is an Italian pasta and chicken dish. This is traditionally a meal made during the spring and summer seasons.
Background and Information
The topic for this post is a simple and easy Italian dish that is good for summer or spring. This is a seasonal dish that can be made anytime as long as the ingredients are available. Luckily everything needed to make this dish tends to stay stocked in all grocery stores. A plus to this is that it only involves six ingredients to make this dish a success. Some of the best meals come with simple but tasty ingredients that come together in harmony. So to start by introducing this recipe I will give you a bit of a back story. I found this little gem when I was hunting for a light chicken dish with few things needed. But I have to tweak the recipe because I like more tomatoes than meat in my pasta. So this is the version I created but you can always tweak the recipe to your taste.
Now for the fun part plating the dish. You can either use a family plate or have everyone grab it from the main plate. Or make individual plates for everyone that is eating the meal. This recipe is set to feed 4 - 6 people depending on if seconds are needed. If you need more portions then you need to double the recipe to fit the need. Make sure you figure out the amount of food you need if you do not plan for leftovers. But this dish is a good freeze and save option or even sit in the fridge for 2 days to munch on. Never leave this dish to sit out of the cold or in the heat once the meal is finished.
I have made this many times for my family in small and large quantities. This is a simple and fresh meal that highlights the tomato and chicken of the dish. The great thing about this is that could hand the recipe down to your kids, friends, or even neighbors. Be careful while making the dish to not smash, cut, or burn your fingers and hands. Always follow safety procedures to keep accidents down that way everyone stays safe. Make sure to keep the heat on simmer or you will have a burnt flavor in your meal. Nobody wants to eat burnt garlic in their pasta dish. Be sure to enjoy the meal and to thank whoever made the meal.
List Of Utensils:
- Deep stove top pan
- meat mallet
- cutting board
- cutting knife
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Dice the six tomatoes into small or thick pieces.
- Put the pan on the stove and heat it up.
- Once the pan is hot add the stick of butter, tomatoes, basil leaves, and 2 tablespoons minced garlic into the pan. Let the tomatoes stew down on a simmer.
- Flatten the 2 boneless chicken breast and you can either leave them whole or cut it into strips.
- Add the chicken breast into the tomato, butter, basil, and garlic mixture and cook them all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking boil a pot of water and then add 1 box of angel hair pasta.
- Once the noodles have been cooked to your liking strain them.
- After straining add them to the main pan and used tongs to mix the whole thing until the noodles are coated.
Now the ingredients list:
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 whole basil, dried
- 2 whole chicken breast, boneless
- 1 box angel hair pasta, boiled
- 1 stick butter, melted in pan
Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Chicken Pasta
© 2022 Samantha Jones