This recipe is quick and delicious.
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 30g butter
- 4g yeast
- 30g sugar
- 120ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2g salt
- enough for deep frying oil
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add sugar, salt and yeast and whisk together.
- Add 1 egg and whisk until it is properly mixed then add flour. Mix well with a spatula or by hand.
- Add butter. Fold in butter until it is fully incorporated into the dough.
- Place dough on a flat surface and knead properly for 5 minutes or until it's is soft and smooth.
- Pour one teaspoon of oil into a bowl and rub it all around the bowl. Place the dough inside the bowl and seal with a foil or waterproof wrap. Keep it in a warm dry place and allow it rise for 1 or 2 hours.
- After it has doubled in size, open the seal and punch the dough to release air. Carefully lift the dough out of the bowl and put it on a flat surface.
- Divide the dough into ten equal parts. Gently mold each part into a soft round ball.
- Flatten each ball on a flat surface and use a small cookie cutter or bottle cap to cut out holes from them and place it on a powdered tray or a paper sheet.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Fry doughnuts till they are light brown.
- Use jam or powdered sugar to garnish once it cools.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 30 min
Makes ten doughnuts
Scroll to Continue