Lover of all countertop cooking like slow & instant cooking. Sometimes in many ready-to-freeze batches. Adding more recipes. Soon.
Don't let the cheese and sour cream fool you. This chili has a nice zing to it.
Delicious and Easy Slow Cooker Chili
I have been making a version of this chili con carne for a really long time. Unfortunately for my kids' education, I had never recorded out how much of the spices I use. But now I have it figured out, and it works better than I originally thought.
To my ladies . . . Finally, here's the recipe you have been asking for.
Please, won't you leave a rating...
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
5 hours 15 min
6 medium bowls
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can light red kidney beans, or a second can of dark red beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients into crock pot except burger. Stir and set cooker temp on "Low."
- Preheat pan and sear burger, breaking into smaller pieces, until done. Add to pot.
- Stir occasionally for 5 hours to maximize flavors. Fini!
* Add onions and peppers to pan before browning burger.
* Skip the beans and add more burger for Texas-style Chili.
* Use ground chicken or turkey instead of burger. Adjust spices as needed.
Need Dinner for Two? It's Easy to Split the Recipe!
© 2016 BWDuerr
Any suggestions or comments to share?
RJ on January 04, 2018:
Super simple and delicious. Thanks
peachy from Home Sweet Home on April 09, 2016:
Crock pot chiili is different from our local