Matt has been baking for 15 years and cooks delicious dinners for his family of 5. Endless trial and error has resulted in fabulous recipes.
Chicken fajitas are not only delicious but they are super easy to whip up quickly. Everyone gets to build their fajita to their liking and make it as spicy or as mild as they want. Kid friendly and easy to create, this simple recipe should be a staple dish in everyone's home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons taco or fajita seasoning
- 1 medium onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 10 soft tortillas
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the oil and sliced chicken. Stir chicken around until cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add cut peppers and onion to the pan and continue to cook until the peppers soften and onion becomes translucent.
- add the seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and let sauce thicken over medium heat.
- Remove pan and pour chicken, peppers and onion into a bowl. Build tacos to your liking with the filling, lettuce, tomatoes and add salsa or sour cream.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on January 06, 2021:
I love chicken fajitas and make them occasionally. I usually use chicken thigh meat instead of breast meat. Both are good. I also like to spice it up a bit with poblano peppers in place of the bell peppers and top the finished product with some pickled jalapenos and some extra Picante sauce. Yum!