Here is a simple, yet delicious side dish recipe that will help you get a decent meal on the table in a flash after a hectic day.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- a vegetable peeler
- measuring spoons
- a large saucepan
- a spoon
- a serving bowl
- 2 pounds baby carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- a few dashes salt
- black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water. Add a few dashes of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, and cook for about 10 minutes until they are tender-crisp. Drain, and remove the carrots from the saucepan.
- In the same pan, cook and stir the butter, salt and brown sugar over medium heat until combined.
- Return the carrots to the saucepan. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes to glaze the carrots.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy! Season your glazed carrots with black pepper if desired.
I anticipate that you'll enjoy this tasty baby carrots recipe, and welcome your feedback. If you could take a second to rate my recipe above, or leave a comment below I'd really appreciate it. Below I've added a few links to some more of my easy side dish recipes, which I think will save you time and hassle when trying to prepare a decent home-cooked meal. Have a great night!
More Great Recipes:
- Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
1 16 oz. package of frozen whole kernel corn 1 large sweet pepper; chopped 1/2 can of condensed cream of celery soup (approximately 5 1/2 oz.) 4 oz. cream cheese spread with garden vegetables, or...
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This flavorful mashed potato dish is the perfect side dish for your meat, poultry, or pork dish. Garlic mashed potatoes are easy to make, and this recipe can be completed from start to finish in about 30...
- Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This easy cranberry sauce recipe only requires 3 ingredients, and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This recipe will yield approximately 4 cups of fresh delicious cranberry sauce. 4 ups of cranberries (16...
dotty63 on November 28, 2013:
Wow, this was a great addition to my Thanksgiving dinner. Fast,simple,sweet and delicious! Everybody loved them. Do you wash dishes too? Lol! How bout some recipes for the leftovers? HaHa Thanks Barkley, and Happy Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble.
Top Rated Recipes on July 28, 2012:
Scrumptious! Your sweet baby carrots are simply delicious
Dave Cald on April 01, 2011:
Normally I wouldn't be a big fan of a vegetable recipe, but anything glazed with brown sugar is appealing to my sweet tooth. I'll print this out for the old lady, and maybe she can finally get the kids and I to eat our veggies, which are usually accidentally dropped on the floor for the dog to clean up.
Silver Poet from the computer of a midwestern American writer on January 20, 2011:
Excellent recipe, sweet and simple.