Mom to a 13, 11, and 5-year-old - as well as a k-8 educator. I spend all day with kids!
Egg, Bacon, & Hash Browns
Breakfast for Dinner
This is one of my favorite breakfast for dinner recipes. My oldest son thinks I am ruining good bacon but only because he doesn't like eggs. This is a favorite for everyone else in the family and while it can be a little labor intensive it is a 3 ingredient meals that is a good filler especially in the winter months. You could also substitute sausage into this meal if that is what you have on hand. I do like to use a little grease to cook the hashbrowns in but you can easily substitute with vegetable or canola oil.
- 1-2 pounds bacon
- 12-18 eggs
- 1 bag frozen shredded hash browns
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
serves 6-8 people depending on number of eggs
- Cook bacon in batches on stovetop as needed. Sometimes I will cook the bacon in the oven to make the prep time and cooks time shorter.
- Remove about half the bacon grease from the pan, leave a small layer to cook the hash browns in
- Put has browns in pan. Use salt and pepper on top for seasoning. Cover for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- While the hashbrowns are cooking, in a large bowl crack your eggs and whip them together. Use salt and pepper to season.
- Using kitchen scissors cut the bacon into small pieces and put into the egg mixture
- Stir the eggs and bacon together.
- Remove cover from hashbrown pan and give it a minute or two to brown up. Flip and finish cooking the hash browns.
- Once the hash browns are cooked pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Flip and cook until all the eggs is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with toasts, english muffins, biscuits or any other breakfast item.
Cut the Bacon
I use a clan pair of kitchen scissors to cut the bacon over the bowl. For me it is faster than chopping and all the bacon ends up in the egg mix. I throw the kitchen scissors in the dishwasher when I am done.
Browning the hashbrowns
I like my hash browns to be nice and crispy before adding the egg mixture. It give it a better consistency and texture. Flip a section at a time as they brown.