This is Kiwi. Passionate writer who loves to write about different topics and likes to share and help others with simple tips.
Arancini or rice balls, is a traditional recipe originated from Sicily,Italy.
These balls are usually stuffed with mozzarella cheese or other local savory fillings,
and they are served with salad.
The italian word ‘Arancini’ means small orange. They are so delicious and easy to
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 persons
For the rice mixture:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- hot water
For the filling:
- mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces
For the frying:
- 1 egg, beaten
- frying oil
- In a pan, cook the garlic and onion in olive oil for a few seconds. Then, add rice and salt.
- After that, you add hot water gradually until the rice becomes well cooked and creamy.
- Make sure the mixture is dry. This rice balls should be water free.
- When rice is ready, add one egg, black pepper, parmesan cheese, parsley and blend everything out.
- Let the rice chill in room temperature and then put it in the fridge for few minutes. This will help you shaping the balls later on.
- Make small balls stuffed with mozzarella, dip them in egg, breadcrumbs and fry them.
- Serve the Arancini directly while they are warm.
© 2021 kiwi berry