Maha is a author who love to write about food, and create easy, fun and quick recipes. Hope you like my creates
Is it difficult to make traditional dishes in just 30 minutes ...
Pakistani desserts are very easy to make and these recipes take less than 30 minutes. In our muslim family dinner its very often to serve sweet dish after dinner.
Five easiest and quickest Pakistani traditional desserts in just 30 minutes.
- " KHEER " (rice pudding) it is the most favorite and hearty dish of every muslim family in Pakistan it usually make on special events like eid and weddings .
- 5 cups of milk ( full cream )
- 1/4 cup rice ( washed )
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 7-8 almond ( shredded, blanched)
- 5-6 raisins
- Take milk in a deep pan and bring it to the boil.
- Add rice and cook it till the rice cooked and milk become thick.
- Add sugar, cardamoms and stir it occasionally.
- Leave it for 3 minutes and serve it in serving dish, top it with some almonds and raisins. Serve chilled or hot .
Carbohydrates 30.6g, fiber 0.5g, fat 8.1g, cholesterol 12.8mg"
2. lab e shireen" (thick custard mixed with colored vermicelli, mixed fruits cocktail, nuts, jellies)
- Mixed fruit cocktail 1: 1/2cup
- Green jelly : 1/2 cup
- Red jelly : 1/2 cup
- Cream : 1/2 cup
- Custard powder : 3 tablespoon
- Sugar : 1/2 cup
- Almond chopped : 1/4 cup
- Raisins : 2 tablespoon
- Colored vermicelli boiled
- Mix the custard powder with milk and sugar separately. mix it well.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes and keep stirring it when its came in to the thick custard.
- Turn of the flame and let it cool.
- When its completely cooled add cream, fruit cocktail, jellies, dry fruits and vermicelli and serve it chilled.
Nutrition facts :
carbohydrates 53.2g, sugars 25.3g, proteins 6.4g
3. " BESAN K LADDU" ( Gram flour balls mixed with sugar and clarified butter )
- Gram flour : 1\2 cup powdered
- Sugar : 1 cup
- clarified butter : 1/4 cup
- cardamom powder : 4 teaspoon
- Take gram flour in a pan and roast it for few minutes and keep stirring without taking break, turn off the flame and let it cool.
- When its completely cooled add sugar and mix it well.
- Add clarified butter with a spoon and keep mixing the mixture.
- When its start combining, kneed it with your palms for few seconds
- Measure the mixture with a tablespoon and form a laddu by rolling the mixture with your palms.
- Garnish laddu with a almond on top ,and its ready to eat mouth melting , and just delicious .
Nutrition fact :
calories 306 kcal, Fat 122g, Protein 32g
4. "GAJAR KA HALWA" ( Carrot halwa is also called "GAJRELLA" in Pakistan it usually serve occasionally specially on winter season it made with shredded carrots, full fat milk, khoya, scented with cardamom, garnish and loaded with a lot of nuts. In Pakistan its very common to serve this dessert in weddings and most probably on special event.)
- CARROTS : 1 Kg
- FULL FAT MILK : 1/2 liter
- CARDAMOM : 8 pods
- CLARIFIED BUTTER : 6-7 tablespoons
- SUGAR: 1 cup
DRY FRUITS :
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- Add clarified butter and shredded carrots in a pan
- Cook it till water evaporate from the carrots
- Boil the milk separately add cardamom and let cook for few minutes
- Add the carrot mixture with sugar and keep stirring until its turn in to the dark reddish color
- When its all dry and the milk evaporates, add raisins almonds turn off the flame
- Serve it with more nuts on top . such a tempting and mouth watering dessert.
Nutritional value :
calories 2904 kcal, fats 173g, carbs 276g, protein 59g
5. "SEVIYAAN" ( sweet vermicelli cooked in milk and sugar garnished with nuts)
- whole wheat vermicelli crushed : 2 cups
- sugar : 1 cup
- milk : 4 cups
- Clarified butter: 4 tablespoons
- Heat up the pan add ghee and put crushed vermicelli
- Cook until it turn into golden brown color
- Add milk and sugar and cook it for 5 minutes and its ready to eat
- Serve hot and chilled and garnish with nuts . its is a authentic recipe and my most favorite .
Nutrition fact: ( per serving )
carbs 75g, fat 1g, protein 10g, calories 349kcal
|DESSERTS||PREP TIME||COOK TIME||RECIPE SERVING|
LAB E SHIREEN
GAJAR KA HALWA
BESAN K LADDU