A few months ago I finally got to go to the illusive yet oh so favored Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. I was so blown away with the atmosphere and the drinks that I knew A: I had to go back and B: I needed to know how to make the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum (get it? like tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room). If you love Pina Coladas this will definitely be up your alley! I absolutely love this drink and I think it will be perfect for summer. I hope you give it a try and love it too. It is super easy to make and so delicious!
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
makes 1 drink
- 1.5 oz. rum
- 1.5 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. real creme of coconut
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- crushed ice
1. Measure 1.5 ounce of rum.
2. Pour rum into shaker with ice.
3. Measure 1.5 ounces of pineapple juice.
4. Pour pineapple juice into shaker.
5. Measure 1 ounce of orange juice.
6. Pour orange juice into shaker.
7. Measure 1 tablespoon of cream of coconut.
8. Add cream of coconut to shaker.
9. Secure lid to shaker and shake well.
10. Fill cocktail glasses with crushed ice.
11. Pour mixture from shakers into glasses.
12. Top with nutmeg and cinnamon and enjoy!
Just a few tips and tricks!
- Instead of using ice cubes in my shaker I prefer to use the ice cubes that are reusable because they won't dilute my drink.
- I didn't have access to crushed ice (my freezer doesn't make it). Instead I used a ice shaver to make the kind of ice I wanted.
- I also don't have a ounce measurer and you could use a measure glass but I used shot glasses. A shot glass is 1.5 ounces which was perfect because that was mostly what I needed.
- This recipe makes a very small drink, if you are planning on having a normal sized bar glass full I recommend tripling the recipe.
I decided to put my Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum in the souvenir glass that I bought from Trader Sam's because, well, what else would I put it in? You can serve this so many fun ways! You can put it in a tiki glass, or perhaps a tall glass with a fun drink umbrella, or even a slice of pineapple on the side. This drink is super delicious and I hope you enjoy it on a hot summer day!