Mazlan has a passion for health and fitness. He enjoys yoga, cycling, home workouts, and healthy food.
Biogreen Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady Oat Milk Drink: Health Drink
Both Biogreen Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady Oatmilk are delicious health drinks and full of health benefits. Despite the name, these anti-aging drinks are suitable for both men and women. There are also many differences between them.
Pink Lady Health Drink Reviews
This article reviews all you need to know about Pink Lady Oatmilk and Perfect Pink Lady including their differences, benefits, downsides, and some popular ways to prepare them.
Table of Contents
- Pink Lady Oatmilk Design
- Biogreen Pink Lady Testimonial
- Biogreen Pink Lady Ingredients
- Color and Taste
- Health Benefits
- Biogreen Pink Lady Nutrition Facts
- Biogreen Perfect Pink Lady Nutrition Facts
- Nutrient Differences
- The Downsides of Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady
- Biogreen Pink Lady Price and Where to Buy
- How to Prepare Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk
- FAQs on Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk
- Final Thoughts
Pink Lady Oatmilk Design
I have been drinking Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk since 2015 and have seen three major packaging design changes. The current design is more neutral without the drawing of a lady, which put off many men from trying this awesome drink as the name itself is unlikely to attract many men to buy despite their tagline "Suitable for men and women".
Biogreen Perfect Pink Lady Sachet
Biogreen also launched another version called Perfect Pink Lady (Perfect), which is designed to boost collagen production. It costs more and comes in three different sizes, the 30g sachets, the 450g and the 650g tin packs. They are all smaller than Pink Lady, which is 800g.
So, when GoShop sold the 450g+50g pack at a good promotion price I decided to give Perfect a try.
Biogreen Pink Lady Testimonial
I initially bought a Pink Lady health drink to reduce my cholesterol level. This was advertised in the old packaging and surprisingly you don't see that anymore in the new pack as well as on their website. I guess it doesn't work as there was no improvement to my cholesterol level. To be fair to Biogreen, I wasn't that strict with my diet or exercise either.
But I continue to take Biogreen Pink Lady as I saw improvements to my skin especially on my arms and to my complexion.
Perfect Pink Lady to Boost Collagen
When I tried Perfect, which was supposed to have extra collagen-boosting ingredients, I didn't see any drastic changes. Since Pink Lady Oatmilk (PLO) is cheaper, I just stick to PLO and I also didn't like the taste of Perfect but more on this later.
Biogreen Pink Lady Ingredients
One of the major differences between these two drinks is the ingredients.
Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk drink has 10 types of unrefined grains, beans, nuts and beetroot, while Biogreen Perfect Pink Lady has 30 types of collagen-boosting plant-based ingredients.
With the exception of inulin which is present only in PLO, both of these health drinks have organic oats, mung beans, buckwheat, red lentil, black rice, black soybeans, pine nut, red sorghum, sesame, wheat berries, flaxseed oil, barley, soy protein, beetroot, soy lecithin, nutritional yeast, and sea salt.
Additional Ingredients in Perfect
In addition, Biogreen Perfect Pink Lady has other ingredients which are glucose, brown rice, maltodextrin, red beans, Job’s Tear, millet, purple rice, linden leaf, oligosaccharide fiber, organic spirulina, calcium carbonate, pumpkin seed, Chinese yam, alfalfa, broccoli, burdock root, cabbage, carrot, psyllium husk, black sesame, shiitake mushroom, spinach, and walnut.
Collagen-Boosting Plant-Based Ingredients
The additional collagen-boosting plant-based ingredients in Perfect Pink Lady are claimed to give better collagen synthesis for better complexion, improves skin strength & elasticity, and accelerates toxins removal.
Color and Taste
These different ingredient mixes are also responsible for their unique color and taste.
Pink Lady Oatmilk powder is a light pink and Perfect Pink Lady is a brighter pink color, primarily due to beetroots. This is the same for the drink. See photos below for their colors.
PLO has a creamier and sweeter taste compared to Perfect, which has an earthier rooty flavor with a slight hint of bitterness, probably from shiitake mushroom, burdock root and black sesame.
I prefer the PLO taste anytime but then taste is a subjective matter and you might prefer the earthier flavor.
The nicer and tastier Pink Lady also goes well with my concoction for the matcha latte, coffee latte and smoothies.
There are several benefits of Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk and the most visible, from my experience, are good complexion and ease of bowel movement. Other benefits are:
- Increased blood count, improved blood circulation and stamina.
- Rich in antioxidants to fight free radicals and support anti-aging.
- Contains β-Glucan to boost the skin cells' immune-fighting properties.
- Good source of Calcium to strengthen bones and teeth, and for good metabolism.
- Inulin (Prebiotic), which is one of the ingredients in PLO but not in Perfect, for the growth of beneficial bacteria. This will improve bowel movement, reduce toxins and hence, strengthen the immune system.
Pink Lady Oatmilk Better for Pregnant Woman
Folic acid and inulin which are present in PLO but not in Perfect and with the higher calcium level make Pink Lady Oatmilk the better drink for pregnant women.
Benefits of Perfect Pink Lady
The extra ingredients in Perfect Pink Lady have the added benefits of:
- Good for the kidney.
- The presence of sulfur strengthens hair & nails, boosts metabolism, and promotes bile release for better fat digestion.
- Silicon promotes collagen synthesis, improves skin strength & elasticity and accelerates toxins removal.
- Collagen production.
- Good for the lungs and large intestine.
- Good bowel movement to relieve constipation.
- Enhances absorption of important nutrients.
Biogreen Pink Lady Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 25g (2 tablespoons)
Amount per serving: Calories 99 kcal (5%)
Total Fat 2.3g (3.5%)
Total Carbs 17g (6%)
Protein 3.4g (5.7%)
Saturated Fat 1.0g (5%)
Dietary Fiber 0.8g (3.2%)
Calcium 303.5mg (30.4%)
Trans Fat 0 (0%)
Total Sugar 6.2g
Potassium 115mg (3.3%)
Cholesterol 0 (0%)
Sodium 96mg (4%)
Magnesium 16mg (4%)
Folic Acid 34mcg (8.5%)
Iron 0.9mg (5%)
Chloride 63.5mg (1.9%)
Phosphorus 72mg (7.2%)
Biogreen Perfect Pink Lady Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 30g (3 tablespoons)
Amount per serving: Calories 119 kcal (6%)
Total Fat 1.9g (2.9%)
Total Carbs 21.6g (7.2%)
Protein 4.4g (7.3%)
Saturated Fat 1.4g (7%)
Dietary Fiber 1.0g (4%)
Calcium 114mg (11.4%)
Trans Fat 0 (0%)
Total Sugar 6.3g
Potassium 277.7mg (7.9%)
Cholesterol 0 (0%)
Sodium 54mg (2.3%)
Magnesium 32.5mg (8.1%)
Phosphorus 71.1mg (7.1%)
Iron 0.8mg (4.4%)
Vitamin B1 0.22mg (14.8%)
Vitamin B2 0.07mg (4.1%)
Vitamin B3 7.0mg (35%)
Health Drink Nutrient Differences
From the above two tables on nutrition facts, Perfect Pink Lady has the extra Vitamin B1, B2, B3, silicon, and sulfur. These are the collagen-boosting nutrients in addition to hydroxyproline, lysine, proline, and iron, etc. to synergistically re-activate collagen production. These nutrients are either not in PLO or in smaller dosages.
Prorated Nutrient Daily Values
Comparatively, Perfect Pink Lady nutrition fact is based on 30g or 3 tablespoons while Pink Lady Oat milk is on 25g or 2 tablespoons serving size. When you prorate the daily values, most of the nutrients are of similar values for both drinks except for the following:
- Folic Acid: Folic acid, the synthetic form of the vitamin folate (also known as vitamin B9) is missing in Perfect Pink Lady. Folic acid is important before and during pregnancy to prevent any birth defects in the baby.
- Chloride: This is also missing in Perfect.
- Potassium: This is higher in Perfect Pink Lady by 200%.
- Magnesium: Also higher in Perfect by 170%.
- Calcium: Calcium is surprisingly higher in Pink Lady Oatmilk by about 320%.
- Sugar: The sugar level is higher by 18% in Pink Lady.
- Sodium: Also higher in Pink Lady by almost double.
Anyway, these values for sugar and sodium are comparatively low and it should not worry you.
The Downsides of Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady
There are not many downsides but you should be aware of the following:
- If you take Perfect Pink Lady more than once per day, you might experience hot flashes or the sensation of heat. This is primarily due to the Vitamin B complex, iron and protein content in the drink. It is not serious and is only temporary. If you have this, just drink extra plain water.
Biogreen Pink Lady Price and Where to Buy
When you compare prices at Biogreen Online Store, retail pharmacies, supermarkets, and online marketplace such as Shopee, the price varies by more than RM10.
Cheaper to Buy From Shopee or Lazada
From my experience, it is always cheaper to buy from Shopee or Lazada and if you use Shopee coins and Lazada vouchers, the price is even lower and some sellers even throw in free shipping.
Normally, an 800g Pink Lady Oatmilk is about RM55 and a 650g Perfect Pink Lady is about RM77 if you buy from Shopee or Lazada. Biogreen Online Store sells PLO for RM68 and Perfect for RM90.
Surprisingly, it is also available on Amazon but the price is very steep. If you are not from the Asian region, then you have no choice but to buy through Amazon.
Perfect Oatmilk is More Expensive
Also, the Pink Lady is 32 servings per package and Perfect is 21 servings. This works out at RM1.72 and RM3.67 per serving for Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady, respectively.
As you can see, it is cheaper to drink PLO but if you like the taste and need that extra collagen boost, then go for Perfect Pink Lady.
How to Prepare Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk
There are several ways to enjoy this delicious health drink and here are some of my favorites:
- As a drink: Mix 1 oz (30 g or 2 tablespoons) of Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk with 8.5 fl oz (250 ml or 1 US cup) of warm water. Use a shaker and shake well until it is fully dissolved or when you see a decent layer of foam form at the top. If you don't shake well, there will be clumps in your drink.
- As a smoothie: Replace your nutrition mix-ins such as milk, protein powder, collagen powder, etc with Pink Lady Oatmilk or Perfect Pink Lady.
- As milkshake: Likewise, replace milk with either Pink Lady Oatmilk or Perfect Pink Lady.
- As a matcha combo drink: If you love matcha green tea but find the taste too strong for your liking, then mix matcha tea powder with Pink Lady Oatmilk powder. Add water and shake well until fully dissolved. Make sure there are no clumps in the drink. Your matcha tea will taste a lot better with this combo. This is also my favorite breakfast drink as I enjoy both the benefits of Pink Lady Oatmilk and matcha green tea. See the photo of this superfood drink, below.
- Dairy-free matcha latte: Just as in the matcha combo drink, but with more Pink Lady Oatmilk will turn it into a dairy-free matcha latte.
- Coffee latte: Replace milk in coffee latte with Pink Lady Oatmilk and this mixture could be your newest addiction.
- Pink Lady Oatmilk as a base for protein shakes: For a creamy boost to your protein shakes, blend it with Pink Lady Oatmilk. I don't recommend using Perfect Pink Lady as it is too dense and strong for protein shakes.
FAQs on Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk
Here are some of the frequently asked questions on Biogreen Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady:
Is Biogreen Pink Lady Suitable for Kids?
Yes, it is suitable for children above 12 years old. 1 serving a day provides about 304 mg calcium and can supplement their calcium requirement to strengthen bone and teeth density.
Can I Use Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk as a Meal Replacement?
Both Biogreen Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady have sufficient nutrients and fiber for you to use as a replacement meal.
Can I Take Biogreen Pink Lady if I am Pregnant?
Yes, you can and it is recommended for pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding.
How Often Should I Drink Pink Lady Oatmilk?
1 or 2 times a day is sufficient for most people.
How Do I Store Biogreen Pink Lady and Perfect Pink Lady?
Both are 100% natural and organic products so keep them in a cool, dry place, and away from heat and direct sunlight. Please consume within 8 weeks after opening.
Pink Lady Oatmilk and Perfect Pink Lady both benefit the body in different ways.
Whether you should buy one or the other depends on your health problems, your budget, and whether you need the extra collagen boosts. But you have to take them on a regular basis to see the benefits.
Moreover, both are appetizing healthy drinks and each has a slightly different taste. Personally, I prefer Pink Lady Oatmilk for its creamy taste and it is cheaper to take on a regular basis.
What say you? If you have any questions that I didn't cover in this article, please leave them in the comment below.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Mazlan A