John is an actor, academic, entrepreneur, financial pundit, and writer interested in the search for truth and meaning in the world.
Why This Diabetes Friendly Smoothie Recipe?
Too many Americans are destroying their health at the dinner table by eating processed foods high in simple carbohydrates and sugars. Hippocrates said, "Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” This recipe will help people suffering with diabetes to become healthier and lead more productive lives by getting their weight and blood glucose under control. It provides all the essential daily vitamins (e.g., A, C, E, and K), antioxidants (ellagic acid, omega-3, and resveratrol), minerals (e.g., magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc), and fiber necessary to recover from the effects of years of bad dietary choices. The goal of this recipe is to not spike blood glucose by eating low glycemic foods throughout the day.
Diabetes Friendly Smoothie Ingredients
- One cup of frozen mixed berries
- Six to eight ounces of leafy greens
- Two carrots
- 1/4 of avocado
- One scoop of fiber powder
- One stick of cinnamon
- One scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Two teaspoon of organic pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- Two cup of sugar-free almond or soy milk
- Two to four cups of water (do not overfill container)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
Instructions for Making a Diabetes Friendly Smoothie
Place the ingredients into the blender container in the below order and blend for 30 seconds, stopping to tamp down to make sure all the ingredients get blended.
- Liquids (water or sugar-free nut milk)
- Dry Ingredients (organic grains, seasonings, and powders)
- Leafy Greens (organic spring mix, spinach, romaine)
- Vegetables (organic carrot and celery)
- Frozen Fruit (avocado + organic blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
Bon Appetit and enjoy!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 John Remington Pierce