Stuffed cabbage is one of the most famous Egyptian folk dishes, especially in the winter season,and during Ramadan tables.
- Boiled and chopped cabbage.
- Washed rice.
- tomato juice.
- Chopped onion.
- black pepper.
- Seven spices.
- Chicken broth.
- Stuffed seasoning.
First: In a pan over the stove, put the oil heated and descend on it with chopped onions, stir until the onions are drizzled and descend with tomato juice, and add salt, black pepper, spices and chicken stock, if the tomatoes are not red, we can add two tablespoons of tomato paste, let them boil for ten minutes, then set the fire until maturity.
Second: After the sauce is cooked, we put the rice, green vegetables and stuffed spices on it, then turn it over well and stuff the cabbage with it.
Third: the dish in which we are stuffing, put potato or tomato slices on the bottom, possibly slices of onion, and top it with cabbage and put the soup to cover the stuffed.
Fourth: We let the stuffed boil for ten minutes, then put the fire on it until settlement.
Benefits of cabbage for health:
Cabbage contains antioxidants that are beneficial in protecting against infections, neutralizing free radicals, and preventing cancerous diseases.
- It contains a large proportion of vitamin C, which is useful in strengthening the building of collagen in the body, and useful in forming the skin and providing it with more elasticity and freshness, and improving the performance of the functions of bones, muscles, and blood vessels.
- It improves digestion, as it contains a large proportion of dietary fiber, which works to stimulate bowel movement naturally, maintain the health of the digestive system, and enhance the performance of the immune system.
- It reduces harmful cholesterol levels in the blood, thus protecting against the risk of heart disease and blockage of arteries and blood vessels.
- Cabbage (cabbage) contains a large proportion of potassium, which contributes to reducing high blood pressure.
shaimaa atef (author) from Egypt on April 07, 2021:
Yes, there is a cabbage with meat
But the vegetarianism is great
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on April 07, 2021:
I love eating stuffed cabbage. The ones I have eaten have also contained some meat, but your vegetarian version sounds delicious.
shaimaa atef (author) from Egypt on April 06, 2021:
Must try it, it's very delicious
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on April 06, 2021:
I have never tried stuffed cabbage this recipe sounds and looks delicious.