This is Kiwi. Passionate writer who loves to write about different topics and likes to share and help others with simple tips.
Dry plum Tagine is one of the best and famous dishes in Morocco. It is a mouth-watering traditional plate that Moroccans serve on social occasions and celebrations.
- dry plum, rinsed and soaked in water
- 50g almond, boiled and fried
- 200g meat, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs, boiled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon saffron, soaked in half cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, blended
- olive oil
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 hour 25 min
- First, put your plum on heat to boil. Then, strain it and add honey and cinnamon to caramelize it. In a Tagine, add the blended onion and leave it aside. If you do not have a Tagine you can use a simple pot.
- Take a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder, ginger powder, half cup of saffron, olive oil, cinnamon, parsley, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix everything well until you get a sauce. Dip the meat in this sauce and place it into the Tagine.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top of the Tagine and put it on medium heat. Leave it to cook and check if it does need some water from time to time.
- When the meat is totally cooked, turn off the heat. Garnish with the caramelized plums, fried almond and eggs.
When cooking in the Tagine, always add hot water in it to avoid breaking.
You can add some honey on the top. Serve you plum Tagine and enjoy.
© 2021 Kiwi Berry