Margarita worked as an administrative assistant. For the past 10 years, she has been creating her own recipes with great success!
Yummy Burgers ready to be eaten!!
Why is my burger delicious?
I am sure everyone knows what a burger is, but in every country there are a lot of ways to make burgers. In Greece every woman has her own "secret" recipe for burgers either with different spices or other ingredients which make her recipe unique. Here is one of them for you to try!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 35 min
For the burger:
- 1 kilogram veal, beef, chicken or pork, minced
- 6 slices of bread, wet
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon salt, full
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, powder
- slices gouda, cheddar or edam, cheese
For the caramelized onions:
- 1 large onion, in slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white or brown, sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 small hot chili peppers
- In a bowl put the minced meat, bread crumbles, egg, all the spices, olive oil, vinegar and combine all the ingredients in order then to make soft burgers.
- Place a non stick pan on your stove and start cooking burgers (temperature high).
- for the caramelized onions: place a non stick pan on your stove and put olive oil, onions, salt, sugar, peppers, balsamic vinegar and stir fry until gets a golden brown color and has no liquid.
- Choose between round hamburger bans or hot dog bans, open and put a slice of cheese, the burger, caramelized onions, mustard and ketchup.
- Wet the bread with milk instead of water.
- Cook both burgers and onions on high temperature.
- Better make the minced meat mixture a day before as it is better marinated and you won't have a lot of work for the day after!
- For dietary reasons you can avoid egg yolk and put only egg white, also wet bread with water and also avoid olive oil in burger pan. Personally I don't use oil at non stick pans!
- Accompany them with potato chips and enjoy!
Starting from the beginning...
How did you rate my Burgers?
© 2020 Margarita Iliadis
How did you find my recipe?
Margarita Iliadis (author) on October 27, 2020:
Thank you Amy, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!
Amy on October 26, 2020:
Hi Margarita.This sounds yummy!! I'm looking forward to trying your perfect recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Margarita Iliadis (author) on October 19, 2020:
Thank you very much!!
Thelma Alberts from Germany and Philippines on October 18, 2020:
Yummy! This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.