|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup - All purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup - Custard Powder, Vanilla flavour
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1/4 cup - Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup - Edible Oil
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 cup - Milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp - White Vinegar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Fruit Jam
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Cake mold, greased with Butter/ Oil
- 1 Butter Paper, optional
- Wet Ingredients: In a bowl take Butter and Sugar and beat it until butter changes to light color. Then add oil and mix it well.
- Now add Milk, Vinegar, Vanilla essence to it and mix well.
- Dry Ingredients: In a bowl, sieve All-purpose flour, Custard powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda together.
- Meanwhile set the Microwave oven to preheat at 180-degree Celcius.
- Mix the wet ingredients with dry ingredients using the Cut & Fold method. Don't over mix it.
- Now transfer the cake batter into the cake mold & bake at 180-degree Celcius for 30 mins.
- Check the progress of cake after 20 mins to ensure the temperature is not too high for the cake.
- Let's Make a Simple Frosting: Put a pan on medium flame and add Fruit jam. Note: You can take any fruit jam flavor( Mango, Orange, Pineapple) but I took Mixed fruit jam as it goes well with this cake.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon water immediately to the Jam and mix it really well. Switch off the flame after 2 mins or once the jam becomes of little flowy in consistency. Tip: You could use Honey instead of Jam but it requires 1-2 tablespoon of water as Honey is already flowy in consistency.
- Once the Cake is ready, demould it and spread the Frosting still it is mildly warm.
- Tadaaaa... Your Yummy Eggless Custard Cake is ready to serve. Enjoy !!
Suggested products :
© 2020 Himanshi
Himanshi (author) from India on June 01, 2020:
Thanks, AliciaC :) Good to hear that you liked it and am sure you will love it once you make the Cake.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on May 31, 2020:
I've never thought of adding custard powder to cake. It's an interesting idea. A custard cake with jam on top sounds delicious.